“nachos latino”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
“nachos latino”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Went here on a sunday evening with a friend even tough no reservations were made and the place was packed we got a table quickly.

For starters we had, nachos latino.
Nachos with some spiced up minced meat and little tomato cubes. Very tasty!
Main dish I had some beef fajitas, not the best I ever had and they weren't served as most Mexican restaurants do, sizzling in a cast iron pan. More or less OK

The service on the other hand was bad, the waiters were particularly unfriendly and slow. The ten euro mojito, came with little alcohol and lots of crushed ice.

I'm giving this restaurant the benefit of the doubt, maybe they just had a bad day.
But the fact that it's pricey remains unchanged.

• Visited May 2014

Brussels, Belgium
“Great group dinner with customer”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We were with a group at Cafe Latino to have a business / customer / team building dinner. I specifically chose the "Proeversmenu" (without desert) which gives you a pretty complete selection of the tastes the restaurant has to offer. Added benefit is that people share big plates with food which enhances group spirit :-)
Service, food quality and quantity was very good; not excessive amounts which I count as a bonus, but more than enough to satisfy all 9 (partially large) men in our group.
Cocktails and Housewine were of very nice quality.
Relatively good value for money, perhaps a little expensive for a small(er) town like Hasselt?

• Visited May 2014
Hasselt, Belgium
“I wasn't blown away”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

The food is tasty, but I expected more for the price. I do love the Spanish-Mexican style and the cocktails are very nice. The service is also great. The atmosphere depends on where you are seated, because tables on the ground floor are cozier. But you can request a table on the ground floor when making reservations.

• Visited March 2014
Aalsmeer, The Netherlands
“Popular Mexican-Spanish restaurant with a wonderful garden terrace”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We were surprised by the large amount of restaurants in Hasselt. Side by side at the Zuivelmarkt. A good choice is Cafe Latino with a variety of common Mexican and Spanisch dishes. Large terrace, very nice on a summer evening. But be aware, it is very popular. So you better can make a reservation in advance.

• Visited August 2013
Leuven, Belgium
“Superb cocktails!”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

The cocktails are delicious, not too strong, the right taste. 8 euro though which is not very cheap but it's worth the price. Highly recommended!

Concerning the food... it wasn't very good. We both took different tapas and I had the feeling they were not fresh at all. I guess you cannot expect the chef to prepare e.g. fresh paëlla just for 2 spoonfulls, but there are other solutions that don't taste like it's been made the day before and warmed up for you tonight. Even the desert - brownie - was clearly put in the (microwave) oven right before serving it, I even dare to say it tasted as if it came out of a package. The good thing about the plate was the fresh fruit, that made up for the bad chocolate.

The restuarant is very popular so if you want a table on a Friday of Saturday night you should reserve in time. There was only one table avaoilable at 6 pm and on the phone they told us we could only sit there until 8, when the next reservation would come up. We did not make a fuss and after 8 we moved to the bar although there were still plenty of empty tables.
The waitresses were all very kind and fast, nothing to say about them.
Also when the restaurant is full it can get really noisy and the tables are rather close together. But I really liked the interior with all its typical, southern colors and accessoires.

I don't think we'll visit this restaurant again - Hasselt has many other restaurants that are better (so have Hasselt-lovers told me).

• Visited June 2013