“More than a plesant stay!”

Boutique Hotel Caelus VII
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Tongeren
Reviewed 4 December 2012

I am fortunate enough to travel all over the world and have to say I have never had the luxury of staying at such an incredible welcoming hotel. From the awesome reception you get the moment you walk in through the front door as your greeted by the owner of the hotel and it is more than obvious his employees are as equally warm and welcoming as he is. As you enter into your own very well designed and accommodating guest room you are welcomed with warmth and style. I have had the pleasure of also staying at the other hotels in Tongeren, but after staying at the Caelus I have to say there is no looking any further and I will return to this hotel time and time again without hesitation! I would like to thank the entire staff for making the Caelus feel like home, and I know it is because of their hospitality I will be back and more importantly recommend this hotel over every other hotel in Tongeren. Congratulations on a job well done, and making the Caelus feel like home, away from home! Completely satisfied customer Mike Kenney.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Laurent M, Owner at Boutique Hotel Caelus VII, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2013

Thank you so much for your nice comment. We hope to welcome you again soon. Laurent

Reviewed 22 November 2012 via mobile

Truly the best and most comfortable hotel room of my experience. Forget small european rooms, ours was large plush and truly a wonderful experience The bed is big and comfy, the surroundings beautiful, the staff so helpful and the location perfect. If you go to Tongeren, stay at this amazing place.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank 4n6geekette
Laurent M, Owner at Boutique Hotel Caelus VII, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2012

Thank you very much for your stay and the time you took to write this review. Kind regards, Laurent

Reviewed 28 October 2012

Everything about this hotel was perfect. I truly can not find one fault with any part of it. Great room (# 5), excellent large bathroom, quiet, comfy... Just perfect. Only stayed one night, wish it could have been more. Breakfast was great and plentiful and at a reasonable price. Short walk to the antique market. If you must stay in Tongeren, I can't imagine staying anywhere else. We will be back!

Room Tip: Number 5 .. On the street but quiet. Lots of light and large.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2012

I have stayed on the Caelus VII more than once and I will continue to do so when possible. Great rooms, great service and great location. Not to mention their café/restaurant. I really like their rooms, which are spacious and designed in a warm and authentic way.

Room Tip: The hotel is really small, so the difference between the rooms' location is not an issue. But ma...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 September 2012

My husband and I drove from Holland to Tongeren to spend a romantic weekend together - and found the prefect hotel in which to spend it!
Nestled in the heart of the town this little gem offered us totally luxury with every detail taken care of. The owner was at hand to give us all the help/information we needed to enjoy our stay, and his passion for his hotel, his care/customer service was exceptional!
The rooms are sumptuous, cosy and extremely well cared for.
There is a restaurant next door that is linked to the hotel serving breakfast- this was also a treat!
It's not often one can say this but hotel Caelus and our stay was indeed perfect, the only downside - we couldn't stay longer!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2012

We arrived late to this village and got a bit lost to find the hotel, as many roads close at the end of the afternoon. I left the car near the centre and walked through a tipycal Belgium street where I believed I would find the hotel. When I found it and entered it, the first impression was comforting, as I was received with a warm handshake (not very often this happens, does it?). The regard of hotel owner was such that we walked to my car parked a few hundred meters and he guided was to the car park.
By then we were convinced that our choice was right but when we got to the room we were really fascinated, plenty of space, two rooms with LCD and a huge bathroom very well equipped, and the decoration and comfort was just superb.
Also loved the breakfast, good quality, variaty and a very nice presentation. It was served in the Brasserie Basilik where we had dinner and as always sympathy was always there.
My only regret was to only have booked for one night, but I´m sure one day I will return...

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2012

This little boutique hotel is a true gem! Beautifully decorated luxurious rooms, all with an individual touch down to the smallest detail. Simply charming. The old building has been renovated with great taste and care maintaining many of the original features. Yet, the hotel offers all the comforts you could wish for - superbly comfortable beds, mini-bar, flat-screen TV, air conditioning, splendid spacious bathrooms.
The location could not be better as the hotel is situated right in the heart of the town, next door to the town's Cathedral. Yet, it is very calm with its own little courtyard, and we truly enjoyed the calm and intimate atmosphere.
And such a warm welcome! We felt at home the minute we arrived. The nice chats we had with the owner made our stay even more special for us.
Breakfast was amazing, and the adjoining Brasserie Bazilek has delicious food. We ended up eating there twice (the desserts are just heavenly!).
All in all, superb room, superb location, wonderful breakfast and superb hospitality. Will be going back for sure...

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Elina N
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tongeren
Huys van Steyns
Les Comtes de Mean
#3 of 19 in Liege
Terhills Hotel - Different Hotels
Hotel Verviers Van der Valk

Been to Boutique Hotel Caelus VII? Share your experiences!