“Pretty Interesting Even for a Non Flea Market Person”

Tongeren Flea Market
Ranked #3 of 13 things to do in Tongeren
Kihei, Hawaii
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Pretty Interesting Even for a Non Flea Market Person”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I went to this flea Market with my wife, daughter, and son. My son in law was stationed in Germany and my daughter raved about this market. She bought many a piece of antique furniture there. Anyway, while they shopped, my son and I walked around and in many cases it was like walking through a history museum. Very interesting. I have to admit, though, the best thing we found were the Belgium Waffles!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank GeorgeF592

Kapolei, Hawaii
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Completely enjoyed it”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I'm not a big flea market person as I normally just keep my wife company as she enjoys these things. I must admit though that i really liked Tongeren. So much great quality stuff in such a pretty setting. Also was able to sit down and enjoy a nice coffee and bite to eat while my wife continued to shop. Highly recommend. The quality and quantify of antiques and furniture was awesome.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank SeanB_10
The Netherlands
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Very good market, very nice and pleasant city to visit”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We visited Tongeren and it's famous 2nd hand market together with our two daughters. The market was very nice with many interesting 2nd hand things you can buy for quite cheap prices. It was a great Sunday morning expiriance for the whole family.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank motya-NL
rhinebeck
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 89 helpful votes
“Way Above Average Antique Market”
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Definitely worth our trip from Brussels. A huge number of vendors in a beautiful location. We took the train and walked from the station. Very easy to find thanks to the posted signs directing you to the market. Prices were mostly good, some high. We didn't have much success in negotiating but did buy a couple of things. We've been to many antique markets throughout Europe and the US and this was among the best. It seemed to go on forever which is what most antique nuts love! There were plenty of restaurants/cafes along the market route but the bonus for us was a bakery that made huge cherry pies and rice pudding pies. My husband told me that I 'housed' my slice of cherry pie which means I devoured it. Guilty. He did the same with the rice pudding pie. Plenty of stores but they were all closed. People were all nice and an excellent experience all the way around.

Visited July 2013
Brussels, Belgium
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Amazing things and prices”
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Get there early. We arrived at 0800 and left at 1200 before it got too busy. If you want wine jugs this is the place to go. 20 euro for one large one from a little old man. Don't forget to go into the parking garage for more vendors with amazing prices. Vendors are willing to haggle with you. Park by the train station and walk down the block to the beginning of the market. A must if you want amazing antiques and prices.

Visited May 2013