If you've stayed at Ramadas in the USA, you probably have a fairly low opinion of the chain. So when I found I'd be staying at the Ramada Plaza for nearly a week, I steeled myself for a fair to poor experience. I was pleased when those expectations were dashed!
Check in went smoothly, with a very friendly desk clerk. My room was spacious by European city hotel standards with upgraded bedding. All the elements of a normal breakfast petite dejeuner made mornings enjoyable with fresh breakfast pastries, lots of fresh fruit, and an espresso machine to get my day off and running. I won't comment on the restaurant because we were on a dinner-included group plan with no entree choices. The delightful gardens provided a private getaway for an after dinner drink. Parking was secure.
The hotel is located right on the Meuse River, although it is across a busy street. A riverside bike path on the other side of the river allowed for peaceful running. The hotel is walking distance to downtown. About the only downside to my stay was the incredible amount of honking cars outside from midnight to 1am, but you can't blame the hotel for passionate (and probably drunk) football fans celebrating a victory.
If I return to Liège, I'll return to the Ramada Plaza.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Ramada Plaza Hotel Liege! The hotel is a beautifully converted 17th-century convent located in the historic city centre on the banks of the river La Meuse. Our centrally located, 4-star hotel is less than 15 minutes walk from the central station and shopping area. FREE internet access for all guests. Only a few minutes by car from the Liege airport, the industrial parks of Herstal, Vise, Angleur and Sart Tilman are within easy reach. The university of Liege is also close by. Motorways to Germany, Holland, France, Luxembourg, Brussels and Liege are accessible within a short space of time and we offer free hotel parking for guests. Liege offers a wealth of tourist, cultural and commercial attractions all year round. With a great selection of museums, shows, exhibitions, concerts and gastronomic delights! We look forward to ensuring our guests experience a truly enjoyable stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Expedia, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ramada Plaza Liege City Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Plaza Liege City Hotel
- Ramada Hotel Liège
- Liège Ramada
- Plaza Liege City Center Ramada