“A Pleasant Surprise”

Ramada Plaza Liege City Center
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Liege
Reviewed 8 July 2012

If you've stayed at Ramadas in the USA, you probably have a fairly low opinion of the chain. So when I found I'd be staying at the Ramada Plaza for nearly a week, I steeled myself for a fair to poor experience. I was pleased when those expectations were dashed!

Check in went smoothly, with a very friendly desk clerk. My room was spacious by European city hotel standards with upgraded bedding. All the elements of a normal breakfast petite dejeuner made mornings enjoyable with fresh breakfast pastries, lots of fresh fruit, and an espresso machine to get my day off and running. I won't comment on the restaurant because we were on a dinner-included group plan with no entree choices. The delightful gardens provided a private getaway for an after dinner drink. Parking was secure.

The hotel is located right on the Meuse River, although it is across a busy street. A riverside bike path on the other side of the river allowed for peaceful running. The hotel is walking distance to downtown. About the only downside to my stay was the incredible amount of honking cars outside from midnight to 1am, but you can't blame the hotel for passionate (and probably drunk) football fans celebrating a victory.

If I return to Liège, I'll return to the Ramada Plaza.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank TVTravel
LouisSohl, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Liege City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2012

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your time taken to give your comments about our hotel. We all were please that you were satisfied!

Thank you and hope ti see you soon!

Reviewed 28 June 2012

The rooms are large, quiet and have almost everything you need. The staff is very serviceminded and give you all the information you need. Parking is safe with cctv in the backyard of the hotel. We stayed one night on the way from Calais further up north in Europe and had the best nights sleep after a week on holiday. Recommended.

Room Tip: We got a room overlooking the river, recommend asking for one of these.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 11 July 2012

Dear sir,

Thanks for your clear vieuw about the hotel! Nice you you liked it! Hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 21 June 2012

Was recommended this hotel by my work, who are based in south of Liege - so this was an hours walk or 30 minutes on bus from office, but 10-15mins walk to 'Coeur Historic'. Hotel is fine, could be anywhere once inside, the restaurant and breakfast rooms are brick vaulted rooms which are nice. Garden is nice, but was not allowed to eat outside. There is parking, but I have not used it. From Liege Guillemins raiway station, get bus 1 to Coronmeuse (June 2012)

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank dickbobgoody

Dear Sir ,

Thank you for your time and comments on trip advisor. I will be taken your comments very serious and improve on our quality!

Kind regards and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 18 June 2012

Stayed here overnight on way back to Calais on a coach trip. Staff helpful and speak good English, pleasant reception area and room was spacious and well appointed. All a weary traveler could want, i.e. kettle for drinks(although I begged some milk from the restaurant as I hate dried creamer), internet by wire or on TV, comfy bed, spacious bathroom. Contrary to other reviews my window could be opened; just as well as, -one downside, the room did smell a bit of stale smoke.
I didn't have the breakfast so cannot comment.

Room Tip: Was on the 6th floor so the views were probably a bit better up there.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
LouisSohl, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Liege City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2012

Dear EageEye,

It upsets me as well if people have been smoking in a room! We all no it is not a nice thing to do! However I will see together with my housekeeper if we can get an even better airfreshner.

Thank you for placing your comment on Tripadvisor!

Reviewed 13 June 2012

Our arrival was not until late, too late for dinner. However, the facilities were up to Ramada standard and we enjoyed a hearty breakfast before departure. Would be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
LouisSohl, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Liege City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2012

Dear TrevorP.

Thanks for your kind remarks! it doesn't only motivate me but also the entire staff!
Thanks again,

Louis Sohl.

Reviewed 22 May 2012

When i went to ramada plaza in Liege, the first thing I noticed was the nice and big hotel lounge. The receptionist was very friendly and she told me how to walk to the city centre, and she asked me if i wanted anything else. I needed to know where the conference hall was and she explained it to me. The staff seemed very friendly.

I came into my room and there was a fantastic view over the river, the only problem was, that because i was very near the city centre, there was a busy road.

When i went to bed, the first thing i felt were the good pillows and the nice matras. I had it a bit warm but i could have turned on the air-conditioning.

The breakfast was fantastic, and so was dinner the evening before.

i finessed in the fitness building. There isn't a swimming pool or spa in the hotel.

Overall the only slightly negative point in this hotel the noise from the road. I think all in all It is excellent value for money. A great hotel, with kind staff and lovely food.

Room Tip: rooms that aren't on the street side are much quieter
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank peter b
LouisSohl, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Liege City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2012

Dear Peter,

Thank youfor your kind comments about the hotel! Hope to see you soon again!

Reviewed 16 May 2012

Last week I spent a couple of nights at Ramada Plaza due to a business trip to Liege. The hotel is comfortable, staff is friendly and the rooms are spacious and nicely decorated. This hotel is situated in the city center and has its own parking behind the building. I enjoyed staying here!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Dear Mme,

Thank you for your second revieuw of our hotel. As you know (I think I have explained) the revieuws are very important for us. At the end of the day is up to our guest to tell me what changes I should make to improve. So again thanks very much!