Stayed here overnight on a business trip, using a corporate. I turned up around midnight, to a locked front door, requiring to ring a bell, waiting outside while the front desk on duty checked my reservation. Upon request, I was directed to a dodgy courtyard to park my car.
After I asked for a 7.30 am wake-up call, I got into room 332, a corner unit standard room, overlooking the back of the hotel, and the car park. Inside was rather cool to cold, not a problem to me. Tried to check the internet via the TV and the wireless keyboard. Did not get through. A call to the front desk advised that this facility was basically not working, and I should use my computer. The basic option did not work out, so I ended up paying the appaling 3 euros fee for 2 hours. Really ...
Proceeded to the shower. Water took 5 solid minutes to warm up. Shampoo from a dispenser. Ridiculous water pressure, totally inadequate. Flimsy shower curtains right out of the '70s. Comfortable bed. Alleged king, actually 2 singles with the groove in the middle, not even tied by a shared bottom sheet. That said, very comfortable, with 2 conforter options.
This would be OK for a 3+ star hotel. The deal braker for me : the wake-up call never happened. I woke up on my own one hour late, had to rush to get ready, storm out skipping breakfast or even coffee, to arrive not too late to my meeting. I pointed this to the front desk guy ; "I am sorry" was all I got, with a tone I did not care for, totally demonstrating a "wow, get lost, I do not give s..t about your problem, my good man".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Ramada Plaza Hotel Liege! The hotel is a beautifully converted 17th-century convent located in the historic city centre on the banks of the river La Meuse. Our centrally located, 4-star hotel is less than 15 minutes walk from the central station and shopping area. FREE internet access for all guests. Only a few minutes by car from the Liege airport, the industrial parks of Herstal, Vise, Angleur and Sart Tilman are within easy reach. The university of Liege is also close by. Motorways to Germany, Holland, France, Luxembourg, Brussels and Liege are accessible within a short space of time and we offer free hotel parking for guests. Liege offers a wealth of tourist, cultural and commercial attractions all year round. With a great selection of museums, shows, exhibitions, concerts and gastronomic delights! We look forward to ensuring our guests experience a truly enjoyable stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Ramada Plaza Liege City Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Plaza Liege City Hotel
- Ramada Hotel Liège
- Liège Ramada
- Plaza Liege City Center Ramada