“OK, SOME PROBLEMS”

Ramada Plaza Liege City Center
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Liege
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Stayed here overnight on a business trip, using a corporate. I turned up around midnight, to a locked front door, requiring to ring a bell, waiting outside while the front desk on duty checked my reservation. Upon request, I was directed to a dodgy courtyard to park my car.
After I asked for a 7.30 am wake-up call, I got into room 332, a corner unit standard room, overlooking the back of the hotel, and the car park. Inside was rather cool to cold, not a problem to me. Tried to check the internet via the TV and the wireless keyboard. Did not get through. A call to the front desk advised that this facility was basically not working, and I should use my computer. The basic option did not work out, so I ended up paying the appaling 3 euros fee for 2 hours. Really ...
Proceeded to the shower. Water took 5 solid minutes to warm up. Shampoo from a dispenser. Ridiculous water pressure, totally inadequate. Flimsy shower curtains right out of the '70s. Comfortable bed. Alleged king, actually 2 singles with the groove in the middle, not even tied by a shared bottom sheet. That said, very comfortable, with 2 conforter options.
This would be OK for a 3+ star hotel. The deal braker for me : the wake-up call never happened. I woke up on my own one hour late, had to rush to get ready, storm out skipping breakfast or even coffee, to arrive not too late to my meeting. I pointed this to the front desk guy ; "I am sorry" was all I got, with a tone I did not care for, totally demonstrating a "wow, get lost, I do not give s..t about your problem, my good man".

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank PASCAL H
Vanessa S, Directeur général at Ramada Plaza Liege City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear guest,

Many thanks for having taken the time to report this to me, only in this way we can improve our service in the future.
I just had a meeting with the Front Office Manager and the Chief Engineer to point out this problem and ceveral actions have been discussed and will be implemented as from now.

Again thank you for your constructive critisism and we do hope to welcome you back in Liège.

Best regards

There are newer reviews for Ramada Plaza Liege City Center

Reviewed 28 February 2014

Staying here for two nights on business trip to Liège this hotel has been a very good choice.
The location by the river is nice though there is lot a traffic just outside. Have a room on the opposite site and here nothing.
The standard room is spacious and well equipped. Everything in good condition and clean. There is free wifi but it's a bit slow.
The staff is very, very helpful.
The breakfast is very, very good. The room is big and beautiful. There is a lot to choose from both warm and cold and all in good quality including coffee machine, that gives you coffee made of freshly grind beans.
The hotel is a 15 min walk from the city center and shopping area.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank NN-CPH
Vanessa S, Directeur général at Ramada Plaza Liege City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience at our hotel. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and we sincerely hope to welcome you again at the Ramada Plaza Liège, in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 17 February 2014

stayed for one night at this hotel as part of a shearings coach trip to Austria .wasn't sure what to expect for a one night stop over but it was great the room was clean and very nice the restaurant was brilliant and the food was really good staff very pleasant so well done to all

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank freda g
Vanessa S, Directeur général at Ramada Plaza Liege City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your positive response!
I'm glad to inform my team about your wonderful time at Ramada Plaza Liège. I hope whenever you decide to come to Belgium again you will consider our hotel for accommodation.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 31 January 2014

We have stayed in Ramada Plaza Liège last weekend and we enjoyed our stay so much. The staff is taking care of every guest, the level of service is top! Without asking for it they explain where we need to visit to explore the city the best way. Liège is very nice and worth visiting! Beautiful! The room was comfortable with a super bed! I should have asked where they bought it so we can buy the same for home. The bathroom was also very nice. The breakfast was fantastic! You can't think of something not being there on the buffet. The breakfast ladies were so friendly and helpful. Nothing was too much to ask and yes I'm a difficult person... Unfortunately we stayed only 2 nights. So we will have to book again for a few nights to see the rest of beautiful Liège. We will book soon the same hotel with pleasure!!! Thanks to all the team for making us feel home! Big hug, France & André.

Room Tip: Book direct on their own website. you can find better deals there!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HotelManagerAntwerp
Vanessa S, Directeur général at Ramada Plaza Liege City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2014

Dear guest,

First of all thank you for the time that you have taken to fill in this review. I am very happy that you had an enjoyable stay in Ramada Plaza Liège. I'm glad to inform my team about your wonderful time and I hope to be able to welcome you in person on your next stay.
You are right, Liège is a very nice city and for your next stay my staff will give you all the information you will need in order to enjoy your visit.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

The hotel is OK and not too good , not too bad. You have to walk a lot in the hotel for your meeting rooms, but that is ok given the ample space they provide in the meeting rooms. The breakfast was not upto the mark and there were not many options for the vegetarians as compared to other well known hotel's breakfast menu. The hotel rooms are not well lit up, but you get a good bathroom.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms facing the river passing nearby hotel to have a beautiful view during morning and even...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear guets,

Thank you very much for sharing with us your experience concerning your stay at Ramada Plaza Liège. We treasure all opinions that are posted and we can use them as a tool to improve and evaluate our standards where needed.
I hope whenever you decide to come to Belgium again you will consider our hotel for accommodation and meeting.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

Clean end simple, definitely not a 4 star. Easy excess to city center end free parking. The room was quite dull end the brown end yellow made it look old. Nothing special. The staff is friendly end wel trained to Handel a troubled situation I was in because of the booking agency who made an error. Didn't eat there but the restaurant looked pritty!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Vanessa S, Directeur général at Ramada Plaza Liege City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking your time to share your positive experience!
I am happy to share your positive comments with my team and I would like to thank you for your feedback, as it is a base for us to further improve your future experiences at the hotel.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Ramada Plaza next time you travel to Liège.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

We had a different experience than RoyL65.
We arrived just after six on the evening of New Years Day as members of a coach tour group. The hotel had roped off a space enabling us to park right outside the front door. The hotel delivered cases to the rooms.
Dinner had been arranged for 7.30pm giving us time to avail ourselves of the hospitality tray & freshen up. ( We had been on the road since 7am )
Dinner consisted of a three course set menu. A couple of people had special dietary requirements. These were met without fuss.
With our party I think the hotel had only about fifty guests. This along with the fact that it was New Years Day appeared to have reduced the staffing level. But because the staff successfully multi tasked it did not cause any problems.
The following morning it was cases outside the room door for 7am & straight down to breakfast for our departure at 8am. Breakfast consisted of the an extensive buffet.
The bedroom, like the public areas were well appointed & spotless.
We would be more than happy to use the hotel again at a later date.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Dave C
Vanessa S, Directeur général at Ramada Plaza Liege City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your recent stay at Ramada Plaza Liège. We are committed to caring for the needs of guest and are always very pleased when our most esteemed guests are really enjoying their stay with us.

We would be very proud to give you again a warm welcome in our hotel.

Warmest Regards,