“Excellent Hotel”

Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Liege
Cardigan, United Kingdom
“Excellent Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

We spent two nights at the Ramada in Liege, while visiting family in the area and whilst the general area in which the hotel is situated is a little "tired" as soon as you step through the doors there is a cool spacious reception area, wonderful, helpful staff who were polite and patient when I was practicing my very poor French. We had asked for a disabled room, as I am in a wheelchair and for the first time actually got a true disabled room with space to manoeuvre and a well equipped and safe bathroom. (Shower with seat and an emergency cord situated approx 2 feet above the floor for the entire circumference of the room). A real treat from the hotels that think a ground floor room with a slightly wider door constitutes a disabled room. My only complaint about the hotel is that I found the beds far too soft, but that is a matter of preference of course.The restaurant was excellent, an al a carte menu that was varied and comprehensive,and the service very good. Road works outside the hotel made access to the car park a little awkward, but we will certainly use this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Vanessa S, Directeur général at Ramada Plaza Liege City Center, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for your positive response!
I'm glad to inform my team about your wonderful time at Ramada Plaza Liège. I hope whenever you decide to come to Belgium again you will consider our hotel for accommodation.

Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Wimborne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

We were travelling as a group of 41 and stayed here for one night on our return from the Black Forest. The staff were most helpful at check in especially as the front entrance was impossible to negotiate due to road works. A member of staff accompanied our coach to explain the way to get to the rear entrance with secure parking for our coach. Check in was swift and our cases were rapidly distributed to the appropriate floors. Our room was overlooking the side of the hotel and was quiet and comfortably furnished. The bathroom included a bath with shower over, water was hot and plentiful, the room clean. We had our dinner in the old cloister restaurant a beautiful part of the old original building. The food for dinner and breakfast was buffet, food was good, plenty of choice and hot. Would we stay here again, definitely!

Room Tip: The rooms at the front overlook the river but could be noisy due to traffic. Rooms on the side would...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Vanessa S, Directeur général at Ramada Plaza Liege City Center, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our staff. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best regards,
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

Spend three overnights at The Ramada. Located on the river bank beside the old town, it was the perfect location for exploring this wonderful city. The room was fine,breakfast more or less as you would expect. There is a walled garden at the rear (part of an old convent) which was quite delightful, however, it proved impossible to get a cup of coffee at 4pm on a Sunday afternoon...no staff available we were told! A surprising omission for a 4 star hotel that claims to be all about service.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pj B
Dear guest,

Many thanks for sharing your feelings about the hotel with us. I
I'm glad to inform my team about your wonderful time at Ramada Plaza Liège.

Kind regards,
Naperville, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

We really enjoyed this hotel. It's not fancy, but suited all our needs for our visit to Liege. The room is well appointed and was very comfy. The staff was extremely helpful, and the breakfast that comes with the room was enough to suit our needs. For a centrally located hotel, it has a very well appointed parking garage (which made our life a whole lot easier). We frequented the bar and restaurant in the lobby multiple times and enjoyed both the cocktails and food (entrees and dessert). A perfect place to stay if you are visiting Liege.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Vanessa S, Directeur général at Ramada Plaza Liege City Center, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for sharing your feelings about the hotel with us.
Hope to welcome you again very soon in our hotel in Liège.

Best regards,
Lund
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel about three years ago and then it was being renovated. The renovation is now finished and the result is fantastic. I love the interiors and it is cosy and comfortable. It is convenient to park at the back of the hotel.
The only downside was the breakfast. It was loud and stressful even though it was Sunday and there was not much people. I wish there would have been more choice of food at the buffe, for example boiled eggs.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Vanessa S, Directeur général at Ramada Plaza Liege City Center, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear guest,

Many thanks for your most appreciated feedback.
Every review is a challenge for us to upgrade and improve our standards. Be assured that I have discussed your comment with ourF&B Manager and that the necessary actions have been taken to avoid this situation in the future.
I sincerely hope we can welcome you again to show that we have taken all remarks to heart.

Regards,
Piran, Slovenia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

The hotel is located by the river,a 5 minute walk from the city center.they have a safe and big parking.
rooms are clean and nice,a lobby bar is also nice.breakfast offers a rich variety of food,but the diner is a bit too small and it can be a problem to find a free table immediately.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear guest,

Many thanks for sharing your feelings about the hotel with us.
Hope to welcome you again very soon in our hotel.

Best regards?
Suresnes, France
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

Stayed here overnight on a business trip, using a corporate. I turned up around midnight, to a locked front door, requiring to ring a bell, waiting outside while the front desk on duty checked my reservation. Upon request, I was directed to a dodgy courtyard to park my car.
After I asked for a 7.30 am wake-up call, I got into room 332, a corner unit standard room, overlooking the back of the hotel, and the car park. Inside was rather cool to cold, not a problem to me. Tried to check the internet via the TV and the wireless keyboard. Did not get through. A call to the front desk advised that this facility was basically not working, and I should use my computer. The basic option did not work out, so I ended up paying the appaling 3 euros fee for 2 hours. Really ...
Proceeded to the shower. Water took 5 solid minutes to warm up. Shampoo from a dispenser. Ridiculous water pressure, totally inadequate. Flimsy shower curtains right out of the '70s. Comfortable bed. Alleged king, actually 2 singles with the groove in the middle, not even tied by a shared bottom sheet. That said, very comfortable, with 2 conforter options.
This would be OK for a 3+ star hotel. The deal braker for me : the wake-up call never happened. I woke up on my own one hour late, had to rush to get ready, storm out skipping breakfast or even coffee, to arrive not too late to my meeting. I pointed this to the front desk guy ; "I am sorry" was all I got, with a tone I did not care for, totally demonstrating a "wow, get lost, I do not give s..t about your problem, my good man".

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank PASCAL H
Vanessa S, Directeur général at Ramada Plaza Liege City Center, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Dear guest,

Many thanks for having taken the time to report this to me, only in this way we can improve our service in the future.
I just had a meeting with the Front Office Manager and the Chief Engineer to point out this problem and ceveral actions have been discussed and will be implemented as from now.

Again thank you for your constructive critisism and we do hope to welcome you back in Liège.

Best regards