“Convenient and cheap”

Hotel Ibis Namur Centre
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Namur
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Have been in a UK Ibis and this was pretty similar. Sparse but clean. Liked the parking which was not free but safe in underground parking or enclosed courtyard. Good that food/drink available 24/7. Didnt try breakfast but looked varied. Staff helpful and spoke good English. Patient with my rusty French :)

Stayed: July 2014

Reviewed 23 July 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Stayed 2 nights as we were attending a wedding nearby

As always Ibis offers value for money accommodation. The bed was comfortable (and I can be fussy), pillows good, bathroom entirely functional including a hair dryer. A good quality TV and reasonable choice of stations and all necessary accessories for a short stay. We had a peaceful night helped by the AC as the weather was very hot

We did not use the bar or restaurant

Location was fine being about 10 minutes stroll from the railway station and town center

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Having driven from Ancona to Milan, around 500 miles in one day, to see the Ibis in Namur with such a friendly reception was an absolute joy. After a refreshing drink at the bar we then enjoyed a great night's sleep. Secure parking was a real bonus.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stayed here two nights to attend the annual antiques fair in Ciney. A little confusing to get here... The highway signs alternately direct you to Namur, Namer and a third spelling of the city. The hotel is on a Main Street and made for easy walks to the various sights in the town. The history was very interesting and I appreciated the staffs helpfulness and the fact that they spoke English. We had booked a double room for a couple and a single for myself. Unfortunately, I found my single room (a handicapped single) not up to par. I returned to the desk and was immediately given another room, further from my traveling companions but clean and safe. I believe the first floor is non-smoking, as the second floor room I was assigned to didn't smell bad, but there was a definite strong cigarette smell in the hallway. No matter to me, I am not very sensitive as an ex smoker and it didn't bother me, but I know people who wouldn't be able to handle the smell. The morning breakfast was standard and plentiful. They have good meals available at their bar in the lobby. Most of the stores and restaurants in the area proudly speak only French...but we got by fine. For the price, I feel the room was a good value and excellent location. Parking was cave-like but extremely secure for $10 eu per night. I would stay there again if I ever found myself in the area.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Stayed here for a weekend. The only bad thing was that we were given a smoking room even though we had requested non smoking and the room smelt pretty bad. Apart form the Smell the room was clean, the staff were friendly and the location was good (about a 10 minute walk from the station)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This is the standard IBIS like almost everywhere. Well located, 650m from railway station and 500m from old town and starting to climb up to the citadel. The bathroom was a module with a really good shower. Minus point is the Wi-Fi network service, there is no security, it is slow and needs time and again to approve the terms.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Namur
The Royal Snail Hotel
#1 of 4 in Dinant
Hotel Villa Gracia
Hotel Villa Gracia
#7 of 14 in Namur

Been to Hotel Ibis Namur Centre? Share your experiences!