“worst welcome ever”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 May 2014

When we arrived at the restaurant, after having booked a table for 4 the day before, we were shown to a table in the corner, next to the door leading to the toilets. We had explicitly asked for a table in the main room, which had been confirmed on the phone. One of the waitresses said in an extremely rude way that she only had that table left, adding aggressively that she had not taken the reservation as she only started her shift at 6 pm. We had guests from Tasmania with us and I really felt ashamed. I can't remember having been treated like that at a restaurant ever. We did not stay and went to another restaurant, of course.
This restaurant has been deleted from my list forever.

2  Thank Ignace B

Reviewed 15 April 2014

This is one of the best places outside of Thailand to experience fine Thai cuisine. Service is friendly and the food is always very fresh. I also like the interior which is not in the tacky style often favoured by Oriental restaurants. Reservation is essential on Fridays and Saturdays!

Reviewed 11 February 2014

I went here with my girlfriend, we tried the menu which included a dish of starters, a variety of main courses and a dessert or coffee. The food itself was very nice. We got a little spring roll (which tasted awesome), a chicken skewer and a seasoned prawn (had a very fresh taste, yet a little spicy, very good!). The main dishes also were quite tasty, we received several prawns in a special sauce, thai veggies and a dish with pork in a coconut sauce (spicy, yet delicious!). The dessert was a mango bavarois, which was perfect to finish a good meal.
We paid 37 euros each and a few more euros for the drinks (very reasonable). This may be a little much for an average student, but there's also an option to choose separate main courses for affordable prices.
The atmosphere is quite nice. The only minor setback is that the service was a tad slow at some points, but then again it was quite crowded and it wasn't really that bothersome.

If you happen to be near the patershol in Ghent and you're feeling like having some great thai food or trying something new, I can definitely recommend this place!

Reviewed 13 October 2013

Go to Ghent every year for a bit of R and R after hectic business trips, tried Le Baan again after an amazing meal last year to see if I was correct in my praise for this eatery and thank gosh I was correct most probably the best Thai I have had and we have many in Sydney. But my biggest surprise was the Irish coffee the best ever once again world class

Reviewed 16 August 2013

A wonderful Thai meal in an off-the-beaten-track street that we discovered by chance. Highly recommended.