“Extremely rude and impolite staff !!!!”
Review of JAN BORLUUT

JAN BORLUUT
Ranked #676 of 869 Restaurants in Ghent
Price range: US$28 - US$34
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Gent
“Extremely rude and impolite staff !!!!”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I was in with a couple of friends and the first incident happened when I wanted to use the bathroom. I made my way to the bathroom passing in between some empty tables, when a staff member ( a black man)standing next to the bar shouted hoi,hoi and signaled with his arms in the air that I should pass the other way.
But the worst was to come!! When my friend wanted to pay with her credit card she was told that that was only possible for amounts over 25€. She was commenting this with us when the same member of staff came over declaring that this was the same everywhere in Belgium. I corrected him, because I am Belgium and this is absolutely not right. Than he became really really unpleasant telling me several times that it was my problem.
I will never be back and really hope that this man is not allowed to keep offending visitors to our beautiful city there or anywhere else.

• Visited January 2014

Ghent, Belgium
“good food for a good price!”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We went to this restaurant several times!
We always choose the lasagna because it is the best lasagna ever!
The 'kir' (drink) is also very good and we had tried the soup of the day and the cheese croquets. Both have never disappoint us.
The staff changes regularly but we just had one bad experience.
Its a good place in this neighborhood!

• Visited October 2013
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Proper Bo, I Tell Thee”
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Right in the middle of the main square, this restaurant serves good basic Belgian food. Our waitress laughed when my son spoke to her in German and was very pleasant throughout. The meal was fine: I had the ribs and my son had the steak. The bill came to 45 Euros including two drinks each.

• Visited August 2013
Bucharest, Romania
“Good choice”
Reviewed 13 June 2013

Situated in Korenmarkt,right in the middle of the old city,Borluut restaurant is a good choice if you want to try some local specialities.
The staff speak english,they are fast and helpful.The food is tasty and nice looking.
You should try "waterzooi van vis" ,a local soup made with three kind of fish or "gentse stoverij" a meat dish cooked in brown beer.

• Visited June 2013
frederick, maryland
“Great service, not such great food”
Reviewed 24 May 2013 via mobile

We went here with a large group and were treated very well by Amir, a very hard working and diligent server who seemed to be the only server for this whole restaurant. He was funny and informative but could not make up for the cook. We had a number of different dishes including Waterzooi, with the traditional fish (three different kinds of fish which tasted good but fresh fish should not have smelled fishy) and with chicken. The starter salad with a pâté-like meat slice was rather basic. The beer recommendations were very good.

• Visited May 2013