“off the beaten path”

Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Houston, Texas
“off the beaten path”
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Recommended to me by a local, we heading here on a weeknight. Yes, it is a bit hard to find but not horrible and I thought that the interior was an okay atmosphere. We could not get a table on the river (which would have been a nice view). There were a few things on the menu that I was interested in but chose the Chicken Cordon Bleu. I thought that it was cooked nicely and tasted good. Could have probably been a little cheaper but I don't have a lot of comparisons. Staff were friendly and spoke good English the night that we were there.

• Visited December 2013

“Matig en duur”
Reviewed 16 November 2013

The food is okay, but nothing out of the ordinary. And given its price really not worth it. The drinks are way over priced. 7 euro's for a special beer is acceptable in Scandinavia, not in Belgium. I found a Geuze (Boon) on the menu for seven euro's that I had had in a bar the day before for 2 euro's. That's just silly. Compliments for the service though, friendly and kind.

• Visited November 2013
Ghent, Belgium
“Too greasy”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

This place was recommended to me by a local person. The entrance is a bit hard to find. First impression, the place was too dark and the atmosphere looks depressive (nobody looked OK including the waiters). Anyway, the food was way too greasy for my taste and sloppy. I won't come back again.

• Visited November 2012
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
“Favourite restaurant in Belgium”
Reviewed 11 June 2013

The Stoverij stew is famous in Belgium and is one of their specialist dishes. During my visit I had tried this dish is a number of different restaurants, though the one in the restaurant was by far the best. At €17, it wasn't the cheapest of the dishes I tried, but it was definitely worth every penny. The restaurant has a large selection of beers to choose from, and has a view of the canal while you eat, which creates a nice atmosphere also.

• Visited June 2013
Ottawa
“Great place for food and a drinks”
Reviewed 2 November 2012

This place was recommended to us by some friends and we were very happy to have listened to them. The selection of beers was somewhat overwhelming (probably not if you live in Belgium) but the bartender talked us through some of the finer points of the types and styles of drinks. He was very helpful and took great pride in his explanations. We were also told to try the Flemmish Stew that had been made with a Dubbel Beer. It was amazing, simply amazing. Highly recommend it. Also, their mayo with the fires was some of the best in Belgium. No idea why it was so different, but it was impossible to not eat it with the fries.

Visited October 2012