“Relaxed and inviting”

Eetkaffee Multatuli
Ranked #50 of 859 Restaurants in Ghent
Cuisines: Belgian, European, Central European, Bar
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Canberra, Australia
“Relaxed and inviting”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Can be a little tricky yo find but upon entering you just kick back and relax. Great service, calming atmosphere and delicious food. Our hostess provided good recommendations when asked, and the food service was quick. Food was tasty and well presented, and good size portions. Very impressed with the range on offer. A young and fun crowd on the night made for a memorable experience.

Visited March 2014

Nottingham
“Quaint, nice Belgian dishes and good service”
Reviewed 29 January 2014

We booked here after it was recommended by our host at a local B&B. Not in the city centre, it is a ten min walk from the centre but it is very good and very reasonably priced.
We were seated in what looked like a living room at the back. It was very cosy and quaint. A lot of locals dine here so a lot of the dishes are traditionally Belgian which was lovely.
They had menus is English and all the staff we have come across in Ghent, all speak English.
I had the fish stew and my partner had the beef stew. We also had the tapas starter to share. The portions are generous and we were full when we left-in fact stuffed. Both stews were nice and tender but as I read in another review, they were quite bland. Another reviewer said they did a stew like this at home which they felt was better, and I would agree. Don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with the food or portions, but it could have done with more seasoning to give it a bit more flavour.
We tried a couple of Belgian beers too which were lovely, and the bill was served in an old fashioned cigarette tin. This place is full of character and the food is nice.
I think we paid 60euro for a starter for two, the main courses, two beers, a glass of wine and a lemonade. This was the cheapest and most filling meal we had, so would defo recommend.

• Visited January 2014
Hong Kong, China
“GREAT GHENT CUISINE & service”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

The Eetkaffee Multatuli in Ghent, Belgium is situated on the bank of the canal. The atmosphere there is cozy & warm. The staff is delightful & helpful. It opens at 1800 but I went there at 1600. They let me in to wail till the kitchen opens at 1800. I ordered a beer & did my own thing while waiting. I even ordered food an advance & they said the kitchen would prepare it by 1800. Eventually the food arrived before the restaurant was officially opened. They serve typical Ghent cuisine, reasonable price & great service.

• Visited October 2013
Gent,BELGIUM
“Glutenfree / lactose free meals are possible here”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Gluten free / lactose free meals are possible here...
Nice people,nice food,nice atmosphere...
Reservation is necacery.
Kids are welcome here....

• Visited November 2013
laconner
“Ate here twice.”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Ate here on recommendation of our bnb hostess. Like it and returned for more. It is a relaxed little place - not seeing the bigness someone mentioned. We love the waterzooi and the Iberian pork cheeks. (Although the cous cous that came with was boring). Warm goat cheese salad also good - as was the speculas tiramisu. Bar guy was patient with my beer questions.
The prices were pretty reasonable too. Ambience good. Not too loud. Seemed local.

• Visited October 2013