“Excellent Food Quality at a Fair Price”

Eetkaffee Multatuli
Ranked #47 of 891 Restaurants in Ghent
Cuisines: Belgian
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I had the traditional Flemish Fish Stew for 19 Euros. It was perfect. The sauce was delicate and tasty not overwhelming the delicious chunks of fresh fish. The portion was huge. You could share this with a friend. I will eat there again.

There are newer reviews for Eetkaffee Multatuli

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Flemish cuisine with some oriental influence. The food is very good. The meals are prepared with fresh ingredients. Portions are rather large and the french fries are to die for. The restaurant has a large inner court used which makes it an excellent choice for diner during summer.

Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Our second visit after a lovely meal here 6 months before. This time we had fewer choices and I. Was not particularly comfortable with any of them. The service was good, and the decor pleasant. Staff were friendly and accommodating. My major disappointment was with the mains. There were few choices and I went with the most interesting-wild pigeon. The breasts were cold, tough and importantly still contained two pellets of shot. I was not happy particularly given the great meal in our previous visit.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

My husband and I had a lovely evening at this restaurant. Don't expect white table cloths and fine dining… It's relaxed with a vintage decor and offers generous & tasty meals. I had the fish stew and my husband had the traditional Gentse Stoverij which was delicious and huge! We had a dessert each, a bottle of wine and a beer which came to 66 euros. Quite reasonable for an enjoyable night.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Can be a little tricky yo find but upon entering you just kick back and relax. Great service, calming atmosphere and delicious food. Our hostess provided good recommendations when asked, and the food service was quick. Food was tasty and well presented, and good size portions. Very impressed with the range on offer. A young and fun crowd on the night made for a memorable experience.