“Great Food at a Reasonable Price”

Eetkaffee Multatuli
Ranked #47 of 857 Restaurants in Ghent
Cuisines: Belgian, European, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Great Food at a Reasonable Price”
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

I found this place looking at recommendations from locals on other websites. Had I looked at Trip Advisor, I probably wouldn't have considered it.

My husband and I both ordered the Flemish stew. We received a lot of food! We got a plate of salad and a big bowl of frites with homemade mayonnaise. The stew arrived in a large pot for us to share. I have had the stew in several restaurants in Belgium and this was the best I've ever had! The meat falls apart and is so flavorful.

For the price, we received a generous amount of food and we did not leave hungry in the slightest.

Like everywhere we visited in Gent, the wait staff speaks English and were very friendly. I wish I would've found this place sooner so I could've gone back and tried something else on the menu. This is definitely a gem!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Bevyrage

Ghent, Belgium
“delicious!”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Good food and lovely atmosphere. we would recommand you to visit multatuli when the terras is opened.
Everything they make is home made and fresh!

• Visited May 2014
Austin, Texas, United States
“Excellent Food Quality at a Fair Price”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I had the traditional Flemish Fish Stew for 19 Euros. It was perfect. The sauce was delicate and tasty not overwhelming the delicious chunks of fresh fish. The portion was huge. You could share this with a friend. I will eat there again.

Visited May 2014
Ghent, Belgium
“Very good food for an honest price”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Flemish cuisine with some oriental influence. The food is very good. The meals are prepared with fresh ingredients. Portions are rather large and the french fries are to die for. The restaurant has a large inner court used which makes it an excellent choice for diner during summer.

Visited September 2013
Canberra, Australia
“Not a good mains meal”
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Our second visit after a lovely meal here 6 months before. This time we had fewer choices and I. Was not particularly comfortable with any of them. The service was good, and the decor pleasant. Staff were friendly and accommodating. My major disappointment was with the mains. There were few choices and I went with the most interesting-wild pigeon. The breasts were cold, tough and importantly still contained two pellets of shot. I was not happy particularly given the great meal in our previous visit.