“An excellent B&B”

GreenLeadersGold level
London, United Kingdom
“An excellent B&B”
Reviewed 3 June 2013

We had a very pleasant stay in this B&B. It was everything you could hope for; quiet, clean, well equipped. There is an emphasis on being environmentally sound in the house which adds an extra dimension (LED lights, recycling etc). The owner offered plentiful (and very useful) advice about places to visit, eat etc as well as buses. The morning we were there, the weather was lovely and we could have breakfast in the garden with its beautiful aspect facing the church behind. Breakfast was plentiful and the owner was discreet, not wishing to disturb us. He was, however, happy to chat when we initiated it. We chose this place because it is close to the station (10-15 mins walk) and not too far from the centre (easily walkable and even quicker by the regular bus). Overall a place to recommend wholeheartedly.

Room Tip: Only two or three rooms: One has a double bed and one has two singles. No noise issues at all.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2013

2 days before our trip I got the dreaded email saying our original b&b was closed!! The only place with space for all of us was Su'Ro. Ended up being a wonderful stroke of luck. It's a lovely, modern, and clean b&b with great amenities. It's a little out of the city centre but a very easy walk or bus ride. Our host Kris made us a lovely home cooked breakfast and went out of his way to make sure we had all of the information, maps, and recommendations we needed, even cheap bus passes! Would recommend staying in his warm and cosy b&b to everyone!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Canterbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 April 2013

Despite having a workload that makes Alan Sugar seem like a three-toed sloth, Kris somehow found the time to be extremely helpful with info about Gent and beyond. The room was great, as was the breakfast. I'd happily stay at Su'ro again.

Room Tip: Sylvie was the room I had, I'm sure Sandra is equally good.
gent
Reviewed 25 April 2013

If you are looking for a place to stay in Gent that is comfortable, fairly priced, quiet and run by a very helpful and conscientious host this is one such place. I was very happy I chose to stay at Su'ro Bed and Breakfast. Thank you Kris.
Mark

Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 21 April 2013

Su'ro is a very good value in Ghent -- the room (2nd floor) is big, clean and pleasant; breakfast are excellent; the host (Kris) is extremely helpful (he even drove me to the train station in the morning to catch my train without stress); you can borrow a bike to move around Gent comfortably. The only slight drawback is that it is outside the center, but nothing that 5mn of biking can't fix!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Roma, Italia
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Just come back home after a weekly stay in Su'ro B&b.
I found there all what I looked for: a nice and clean room, a friendly owner and a place where I could feel like home for a week. Nice rooms, with new and modern fornitures. I had Sandra room and it was ok with a very large windows, a confortable bed, a large shower and a usefull washbasin. The only "inconvenience" was to go down stairs to go to my private toilette outside the room.
I had great breakfast with croissants, fresh orange juice, soft breads and all kind of jams and creams but if you want Kris will prepare what you prefer ( like eggs and bacon).
You can ask for a bicycle when you book the room: it'll be usefull if you want to reach the ancient centre without taking bus. A bike is the best way to go around.
Kris, the owner, is a very nice person, sure this B&b will be my choice if i'll come back to Ghent.

Reviewed 19 February 2013

我是2012年8月22號左右入住的,住宿前因為找不到路一直亂跑,老闆Chris很熱心地在電話裡提供協助;連離開時忘了布魯日住宿詳細地址還打電話找他問XD (天兵的自助旅行者)
住宿品質相當好,房間乾淨且備品俱全,尤其是裝潢和整潔更是極好。

然而,我認為這家B&B最大的特色與價值在老闆Chris的熱情與細心!
首先,對旅遊景點的介紹詳細且廣泛,從根特到比利時其他他能介紹的地方,都能侃侃而談。
其次,廚藝很好還開餐廳的Chris,總是為客人備好豐盛的現做早餐(灑花) 包括現榨柳橙汁/現煎的火腿薯餅/現烤麵包(可頌非常好吃)/現蒸半熟蛋/現磨咖啡......以及好吃的水果與優格當甜點。
最後,我想一個B&B老闆最讓我感動的是他對異文化的好奇與尊重。來自亞洲台灣的我們,送他一堆餅乾,在聊天中他對台灣食物很好奇,所以我們天南地北聊了一小時,還為他介紹珍珠奶茶(bubble tea),哈哈,可以感覺得出來他是很真心在認識各地來的旅人,這比華麗的裝潢還能溫暖旅行者的心。

This B&B is the best one that I had stayed.
My professor and I went to Su'ro at last summer.
Even though my English is not very good, the host still treat me good.
This massage is quite late, haha...we still want give the recommendation to people who will go to Ghent.

Room Tip: 二樓房間很好漂亮。 The second floor's room is very good! We love Chris, the host of this B&B. He...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends