“Horrible experience: avoid!”
Review of Cafe Leffe - CLOSED

Cafe Leffe
Reviewed 26 April 2013

What a shameful way to treat two old ladies! We were part of a group who wanted coffee or tea and a cake. The coffee was fine, but the "English Breakfast" teabag had some strange lychee flavour which was disgusting to taste. Firstly, my friend, who cannot drink coffee, complained to them quietly and respectfully. Then I pointed out that their 'thee karte' did not give the lychee flavour in its description (I understand enough Dutch to have read it correctly). It was then that the owner started shouting in such a way that I was so distressed that I was having difficulty getting the correct money to them. Eventually I did, but in the meantime two males had started shouting for us to leave - but obviously we had to pay even though the tea was vile and undrinkable. Just a horrible experience. Others in the group witnessed this and told us that they had refused to leave a tip based on experiencing this vile episode. Nasty people. Others also complained about their behaviour - they were just ignored when they said goodbye etc. What a way to treat visitors to your city. You'd have thought they would have been more inviting as their cafe was empty except for us. Our guide has said that she will no longer suggest people go there.

1  Thank Agapanthus10

Reviewed 28 December 2011

This is a well run bar with really good food. Very clean and despite its name does lots of other beers. Worth a visit.

Reviewed 18 December 2011

I think the meal we had was not as tasty as we had hoped.

1  Thank Santi59
Reviewed 15 December 2011

Not a great atmosphere and not many people in the bar area - could have been the weather though.

Reviewed 28 November 2011

If you want to eat the most typical and tasty dish of Ghent, this is the place. I am not sure of the spelling, but sure they understand if you ask for it like this. This is the best I have tried and comes with the "fridges" and a good Leffe beer. Served quickly as they prepare it in good amounts, it is plenty of good meat and sauce, and especially in a cold or windy day, it will restore your energy.