“Nice little place” 4 of 5 bubbles

Passion
Ranked #47 of 839 Restaurants in Ghent
Cuisines: Belgian, Dutch, European, International
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: friendly welcome and worth trying out the Flemish dishes. Reasonable value.
Surrey
“Nice little place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

My wife and I travelled to Ghent for her 50th birthday treat.
I had read the T A reviews and wanted to visit this place to try some authentic Ghent food.
We both ordered the Waterzooi ( chicken stew) and were not disappointed. Once we had cleared our plates the waitress brought us a second helping and we managed to clear those too.
I would highly recommend a visit here if you are ever in the area.

• Visited February 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Genoa, Italy
“Unexpected little treasure in Gent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

My Gf and I were wandering around and we had this TripAdvisor evaluation about Passion which was very good. I must say the place didn't strike me as incredibly nice from the outside, sort of wannabe elegant but I'm not place. Well, it's deceiving. The eel stew and the beef one were just... Gorgeous. Personnel was fast, nice and efficient, and the restaurant had reasonable prices and a decent wine card. I don't give it five stars just because the atmosfere was a bit melancholic and the menu not ripe with choices... I guess that's for the best though. Because the dishes they serve, they serve them real good!

• Visited February 2014
Canberra, Australia
“Brilliant local food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

On a winters, rainy Christmas Eve when most of the residents of Ghent seemed to be hibernating and the majority of eateries had shut for the holidays, we came across Passion.

Reasonably busy but not packed at 1300, it was obvious that this was a haunt of many locals.

We decided to go for the regional specials and both chose the Gent Beef stew with the compulsory frites, this was quite frankly the best stew we have ever eaten in a restaurant. Large succulent and very tender pieces of quality beef in the finest of gravies and washed down with a small bottle of the local beer and a glass of wine.

Friendly and cheerful service in a plain but pleasant environment, very close to the market square and the cathedral so vey convenient for visitors.

Well worth a visit when in Ghent, we would certainly go back.

Augusta, Georgia
“Eat like a king”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

Food was delicious. We shared the escargot and both ordered the rabbit. They brought out a large pot and served each basically half a rabbit. After cleaning our plates the server returned with a second pot and another serving. We were shocked. Neither of us could eat anymore. Who eats an entire rabbit? Anyway, sad to see it go to waste and it would have been nice to know we could have just shared the main dish. Can't speak to anything else on the menu but if it's anything like the snails and rabbit you'll be happy.

1 Thank Undaunted_Courage
Brussels, Belgium
“excellent Flemish rabbit, great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

had lunch here with my husband today. We made a reservation in advance and were glad we did - we got the best table in the house - right by the window, with a great view of the Belfort and the Christmas markets. I had the Flemish rabbit (EUR 23), and my husband had a pasta dish (EUR 17). His pasta was just ok (he's from Italy so his pasta standards are very high :)) - the sauce was fine, but the penne were really overcooked. My rabbit was spectacular - served in a ceramic pot with a lid, it was piping hot and the serving was very, very generous. The sauce - was delicious (onions, mushrooms, small pieces of ham). The sides (potatoes and wonderful home-made apple sauce) were very tasty as well. The food came promptly. We had sightseeing plans and were happy to be in and out in about 1 hour. The total came to EUR 50.
The restaurant has several other traditional Flemish dishes - I'd highly recommend it for that (but make a reservation!).