“ok nothing special”

Passion
Ranked #48 of 851 Restaurants in Ghent
Cuisines: Belgian, Dutch, European, International
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: friendly welcome and worth trying out the Flemish dishes. Reasonable value.
london
“ok nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

The meal we had here was OK but nothing special,, I had the eel which was overpowered by the sauce. The wine was average, but the bill was not.There are better places in Ghent

Visited February 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Surrey
“Nice little place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

My wife and I travelled to Ghent for her 50th birthday treat.
I had read the T A reviews and wanted to visit this place to try some authentic Ghent food.
We both ordered the Waterzooi ( chicken stew) and were not disappointed. Once we had cleared our plates the waitress brought us a second helping and we managed to clear those too.
I would highly recommend a visit here if you are ever in the area.

• Visited February 2014
Genoa, Italy
“Unexpected little treasure in Gent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

My Gf and I were wandering around and we had this TripAdvisor evaluation about Passion which was very good. I must say the place didn't strike me as incredibly nice from the outside, sort of wannabe elegant but I'm not place. Well, it's deceiving. The eel stew and the beef one were just... Gorgeous. Personnel was fast, nice and efficient, and the restaurant had reasonable prices and a decent wine card. I don't give it five stars just because the atmosfere was a bit melancholic and the menu not ripe with choices... I guess that's for the best though. Because the dishes they serve, they serve them real good!

• Visited February 2014
Canberra, Australia
“Brilliant local food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

On a winters, rainy Christmas Eve when most of the residents of Ghent seemed to be hibernating and the majority of eateries had shut for the holidays, we came across Passion.

Reasonably busy but not packed at 1300, it was obvious that this was a haunt of many locals.

We decided to go for the regional specials and both chose the Gent Beef stew with the compulsory frites, this was quite frankly the best stew we have ever eaten in a restaurant. Large succulent and very tender pieces of quality beef in the finest of gravies and washed down with a small bottle of the local beer and a glass of wine.

Friendly and cheerful service in a plain but pleasant environment, very close to the market square and the cathedral so vey convenient for visitors.

Well worth a visit when in Ghent, we would certainly go back.

• Visited December 2013
Augusta, Georgia
“Eat like a king”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

Food was delicious. We shared the escargot and both ordered the rabbit. They brought out a large pot and served each basically half a rabbit. After cleaning our plates the server returned with a second pot and another serving. We were shocked. Neither of us could eat anymore. Who eats an entire rabbit? Anyway, sad to see it go to waste and it would have been nice to know we could have just shared the main dish. Can't speak to anything else on the menu but if it's anything like the snails and rabbit you'll be happy.

• Visited December 2013