“Good place to eat or just watch the world go by”
Review of Passion

Passion
Ranked #59 of 914 Restaurants in Ghent
Cuisines: Belgian, International
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: friendly welcome and worth trying out the Flemish dishes. Reasonable value.
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Good, traditional Flemish food served in a matter of fact way – We had just arrived in Ghent and simply wanted a quick (but good)meal. We called in and just had two main dishes - beef stew and chicken Waterzoi. Other dishes on the menu included steak, eel stew, rabbit stew – very Flemish. Both of our dishes were good. Service was fast and pleasant and it is in a good location and given its location many customers sat outside.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

We've been to this restaurant several times and the food is excellent. The beef stew is the best I've ever had and they give you a whole pot full with endless chips! I've eaten a few stews in Ghent and this is by far the best.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

A merry band of bikers from the UK (and Canada and California) we were on a mission to find the world famous Belgian chips with mayo. This had become an ironic death march through Ghent in the fading light of the eve before Easter; we had visited no fewer than five likely-looking restaurants and NOBODY was serving chips! Did we get it wrong somehow?

And finally we found Passion, right on the main square, were seated outside with drinks until a table for four was available, but they started our dinner order and the food was delicious, and my desert of vanilla ice cream, real whipped cream, and of course Belgian chocolate sauce was, well, heavenly.

1  Thank Seth S
Reviewed 6 March 2014

The meal we had here was OK but nothing special,, I had the eel which was overpowered by the sauce. The wine was average, but the bill was not.There are better places in Ghent

Reviewed 24 February 2014

My wife and I travelled to Ghent for her 50th birthday treat.
I had read the T A reviews and wanted to visit this place to try some authentic Ghent food.
We both ordered the Waterzooi ( chicken stew) and were not disappointed. Once we had cleared our plates the waitress brought us a second helping and we managed to clear those too.
I would highly recommend a visit here if you are ever in the area.