“Excellent food for a quick lunch”
Review of EXKi - CLOSED

EXKi
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Food always fresh and a good choice, also if you are intolerant to certain ingredients. All clearly labelled, which is a huge help.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

While in Ghent, Belgium my husband and I were looking for a place to have a quick lunch without having to resort to McDonalds. As it turned out, one building away from McDonalds was this little Café" Exki. We could not have been happier with the food. After picking up a tray we walked along the food cases and picked out what we wanted. I had quite a delicious mozzarella, tomato and olive oil sandwich and a cup of fruit. My husband, who has a notorious sweet-tooth opted for one of their lovely desserts and some fruit. Exki caters to all tastes and accommodates vegetarians and people with food allergies. We sat for a good hour just relaxing. While we stayed inside there is a patio with tables just outside. We had lunch at Exki every day for the three days we were in Ghent. We liked it a lot. Also of interest, I believe I read in the restaurant that all of the furnishing, etc. are made of recycled materials, and added plus.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

This place is a healthier alternative to fast food and similar to Pret-a-manger if you have been in the UK. Everything besides hot drinks is self service and they have a good selection for everyone, including vegetarians, celiacs and people with other allergies. The quality of food is good if you see this as fast food and not as restaurant cuisine.

Reviewed 13 June 2013

Fresh, superb variety and great taste. Warm people and great recipes. Easily accessible from the city centre

Reviewed 8 June 2013

My first night in Gent I was very tired after an overnight flight to Amsterdam then three train stops to Gent. It was cool and rainy, and all I wanted was something warm, healthy, and light before I finally went to sleep. I was staying a hotel right near the cathedral and the Kornmarkt, so I wandered outside and found my way to Exki, right near the train stop and next to, all of things, a McDonalds. I was pretty jet-lagged, and the Exki staff were very friendly and helpful. A hot bowl of carrot soup, which came with two pieces of bread and butter, was perfect. I could not pass up the apple cake, which I went back for several times during the trip. A colleague's wife ended up going there every morning for the chocolate croissants and said they were just as good as Paris! When I was there, Exki closed at 7PM, and since this is considered early for dinner in Belgium, keep the time in mind. I appreciated finding something vegetarian and inexpensive right in the center of the city.