“Great hostel!”
Review of Hostel 47

Hostel 47
Ranked #8 of 37 Speciality Lodging in Ghent
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I stayed two weeks in hostel47 and just felt like home! Everything is clean, the employees are lovely, there is a garden where you can do BBQ, the breakfast is good, the bedrooms are nice (i was lucky to get a room with only two beds :) ). Well, I strongly recommand Hostel47!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

I feel there is nothing I can fault with Hostel 47! The location of the hostel was on the edge of town, but a short walking distance to the main sites and museums. The rooms and faculties and clean, spacious and unlike many of the run down hostel amenities available elsewhere. Most of all, the owners are not only down to earth, welcoming people, but will go out of their way to help you make your time in Ghent perfect. You won't regret a stay at Hotel 47!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank boyddc
Reviewed 25 August 2013

This is a very good choice if you want to stay in Ghent for a few days. Hostel feels very new and the rooms and showers are very spacious and clean. Beds are good and owner is very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank MilanKooijman
Reviewed 11 July 2013 via mobile

I had an amazing stay here!! Youri (owner) was great and helped us figure out the next part of our trip! The beds were good and the hostel was clean! The showers were great!! I would go back to Ghent only if I were staying here. The hostel made the time in Ghent memorable!!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Lrichies
Reviewed 3 May 2013

This place is super clean, great value and in a great location there is nothing bad to say about this hostel or Gent! Free to use hot drinks machine anytime and apparently the breakfast was nice. I missed it because all the strong Belgian beers ruined me. I'll certainly return to Gent and Hostel 47.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank rickyduwitt
Reviewed 4 April 2013

A wonderful hostel! Great location (a short walk from the Sint-Jacobs flea market, which was a highlight for me), beautiful decor, wonderful showers and toilets (incredibly clean), comfortable beds, free hot drinks machine, which can be used anytime, and a fairly substantial breakfast. I happened to be staying at this hostel when I was the only guest, which I personally found very enjoyable. The building is very safe, with a code required to get in the front door. It was a little strange that the hostel was often unstaffed, but for me, that just helped it to feel more like a luxury apartment! The energy efficient motion sensor lights were also great! I would definitely recommend this hostel, and maybe even return, if I find myself in Gent again.. fingers crossed!

Room Tip: I was staying in room 2.1, which had a door that opened onto a balcony / terrace. I imagine in the s...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Fra B
Reviewed 16 October 2012

We were a group of three that stayed here for an extended period due for work in Ghent. The hostel itself was extremely clean and within walking distance from all amenities and city center. We were given helpful maps on arrival and the owner, Youri, was always happy to answer any queries we had about the area.
We also had issues with mosquitos but when we explained it to the owner he had spray at the desk. As there was only three of us he also tried to give us our own room, within reason. Obviously not going to happen when hostel is full
The real selling point though has to be the kindness and friendship of the owner. as long as we respected the rules of the hostel he did everything feasibly possible to make it the best stay. Going above and beyond. Even at times interpeting my irish/english to understandable english for the other guests

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business