“Terrible service”
Review of Hostel 47

Hostel 47
Ranked #8 of 35 Speciality Lodging in Ghent
Reviewed 19 June 2014

This hostel is a good quality hostel, despite the fact it seems nice the service is bad. The overstressed hostelkeeper walks around with his grumpy face, telling you what to do. I think he is not capable to run a hostel and I advice him to hire friendly staff.
The hostel is noisy because of the thin-walled rooms and the location is way out of the center of Ghent.

I won't advice people to go to this place, there are a lot of better spots in Ghent.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hostel 47

Reviewed 8 April 2014

I stayed two weeks in hostel47 and just felt like home! Everything is clean, the employees are lovely, there is a garden where you can do BBQ, the breakfast is good, the bedrooms are nice (i was lucky to get a room with only two beds :) ). Well, I strongly recommand Hostel47!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

I feel there is nothing I can fault with Hostel 47! The location of the hostel was on the edge of town, but a short walking distance to the main sites and museums. The rooms and faculties and clean, spacious and unlike many of the run down hostel amenities available elsewhere. Most of all, the owners are not only down to earth, welcoming people, but will go out of their way to help you make your time in Ghent perfect. You won't regret a stay at Hotel 47!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank boyddc
Reviewed 25 August 2013

This is a very good choice if you want to stay in Ghent for a few days. Hostel feels very new and the rooms and showers are very spacious and clean. Beds are good and owner is very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank MilanKooijman
Reviewed 11 July 2013 via mobile

I had an amazing stay here!! Youri (owner) was great and helped us figure out the next part of our trip! The beds were good and the hostel was clean! The showers were great!! I would go back to Ghent only if I were staying here. The hostel made the time in Ghent memorable!!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Lrichies
Reviewed 3 May 2013

This place is super clean, great value and in a great location there is nothing bad to say about this hostel or Gent! Free to use hot drinks machine anytime and apparently the breakfast was nice. I missed it because all the strong Belgian beers ruined me. I'll certainly return to Gent and Hostel 47.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank rickyduwitt
Reviewed 4 April 2013

A wonderful hostel! Great location (a short walk from the Sint-Jacobs flea market, which was a highlight for me), beautiful decor, wonderful showers and toilets (incredibly clean), comfortable beds, free hot drinks machine, which can be used anytime, and a fairly substantial breakfast. I happened to be staying at this hostel when I was the only guest, which I personally found very enjoyable. The building is very safe, with a code required to get in the front door. It was a little strange that the hostel was often unstaffed, but for me, that just helped it to feel more like a luxury apartment! The energy efficient motion sensor lights were also great! I would definitely recommend this hostel, and maybe even return, if I find myself in Gent again.. fingers crossed!

Room Tip: I was staying in room 2.1, which had a door that opened onto a balcony / terrace. I imagine in the s...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo