“Affordable and good quality”
Review of Le Petit

Le Petit
Ranked #433 of 857 Restaurants in Ghent
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Affordable and good quality”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We diner here with a party of 4 and had a great time. It's a quiet location and you can have a good conversation. The meat was of excellent quality and the set menu only sets you back 35 euros for a three course meal.

Please not that the lat/long coordinates for this restaurant are wrong and you can't use them to locate the restaurant. The address is correct so use that.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Crasten

Scotland
“Lovely local bistro”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

This hotel was in a back street near our hotel and was a great find. The menu was in Dutch and French but the waitress was very patient explaining it to us. We decided on the menu of the day - 3 courses including wine 49 euro each. 3 or 4 choices for each course and it was all lovely.
Quite a romantic setting with candles and flowers and soft music. A very nice way to spend an evening. Good food and good service - what more could you want!

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank LizBroxburn
Ghent, Belgium
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food”
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

Whenever i feel like going out on a sunday evening for dinner, i mostly end up here. The steaks are excellent. So do try one with roquefort sauce.. :-)

Visited January 2014
Brisbane, Australia
“The best steak I have had in a looonnnggg time!!”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We decided to eat here after a recommendation from a local and he wasn't wrong, this place was stunning. We arrived fairly early for dinner, about 6pm - after a long day in the cold and rain we were more than ready for something warm for dinner.
We decided to have the three course menu of the day which offered a good variety of choices.
My friend had the mussels for entree and I had the terrine. It was very very rich, but delicious. It was so rich I struggled to finish it and ended up sending half of it back to the kitchen!
For main, after hearing about how amazing the steaks were I choose the steak, sadly, with a slight language barrier my steak came out medium, instead of medium rare, nonetheless, it was the best cooked medium steak I have probably ever eaten. It was divine! I thoroughly enjoyed it, especially with a giant side of hand cut chips.
Dessert offered either a cheese board or a semi freddo - we naturally opted for one of each to share! Both were lovely, some of the cheeses on the board were quite funky, but such a nice way to finish off the meal.
For the two of us, for the two courses, a bottle of wine and coffee, it was a mere 100EUR. After dining in Switzerland for so long I had to double check the bill! Yes, we had been charged for everything! In my opinion, 100EUR, for the quality of food and service we received was a bargain. This place is well worth a visit, thanks to the guys from Simon Says for recommending this place, if you didn't know it was here you would probably walk right past it.
Judging by the number of people there I would say you either need to get there early, or make a reservation.
If you're in Ghent you can't not go to this restaurant!

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Liz_D27
Sydney, Australia
“Lovely cozy eatery”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Went to Le petit for dinner with a work mate on our last night in Ghent would be better if I had my wife with as it is a rather romantic little french bistro with I think a family run operation, had a wonderful simple salad and a great steak with a really good pepper sauce the dessert of crime brûlée was really good only complaint was the fritte not the best but well worth the visit will go back again

• Visited October 2013