“Not worth all that money,Quite poor service”
Review of Bridge

Bridge
Ranked #18 of 920 Restaurants in Ghent
Price range: US$13 - US$33
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 22 April 2014

They gave us different 3 menus in diffent size and layout.We could tell it was the same text,but the all thing was too much confusing.

They refused to serve tap water,odd!
The food was good,not excellent.Definitely not worth what the asked maybe 3-4 euros less,but portion were too big.I would have preferred a smaller portion for a smaller price.

When we were done,they took the plates and then left.They didn't ask us for dessert or coffee.
After waiting 10 minutes to pay,we went to the counter and we were told to needed wait at the table for the bill.

2  Thank MelanyMis

Reviewed 22 February 2014

The Bridge is a brasserie in one of the best locations - even in a quiet time of year it was quite full of locals and we found the food decent and the service highly efficient. Good value for money - especially when you consider the location right in the middle of the historic city centre

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Booked a table during the day on a Sunday for 7.30pm, having heard good things from tripadvisor and seen the lovely location.
When we arrived the restaurant was fairly quiet, but still had a nice atmosphere. We were shown to our table in the window which was just lovely. I could have sat there all evening even on my own just watching the world go by. Unfortunately I had the other half to talk to!
We both had the cheese croquettes for starter (his with shrimps, mine without). I was a bit wary of cheese croquettes having tried some in a restaurant in Bruges once and found them to be horrible, greasy things with no taste at all. These ones were nothing like that: delicious, not at all greasy and accompanied with some fresh salad.
For main course we both had the mussels. I think my partner's were plain and mine were with garlic and white wine sauce I think. I've had mussels in loads of restaurants over the years and these were just DELICIOUS. So soft, not one was closed, and the sauce was just to die for. The chips were great too. My partner wasn't quite so excited by his- I don't know if they were different we didn't try each others'- but said they were really good even still.
Two courses and a drink each came to 85 euros- probably the most expensive meal of our trip to Ghent but we didn't regret it.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

we arrived here based on the tripadvisor stars. we left, before we ate.
The space, you get is of a 70x70 cm table in a 10 cm distance from the next table neighbor. A salad costs 18 euros.
The good thing is its location. Just a step away from the Cathedral.
These central locations have something in common. Always full, never complete.

Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed our meal here very much. We had traditional belgiuic food, which was served with beer we enjoyed. The service was fast, helpful and pleasent. We would defiantly recommend this restaurant to our friends.