“Great accommodation with excellent beds”
Review of Hotel Onderbergen

Hotel Onderbergen
Ranked #11 of 37 Hotels in Ghent
Palmerston North
“Great accommodation with excellent beds”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

This hotel is in a very central location within a short walk to most of Ghents top attractions, the beds are amazing & more comfortable than my own at home !. Had breakfast the next morning at Foleys Irish pub which was delish !!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank MountNod

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Ireland
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I was in Gent for Geenste Feest and as it is extremely busy during this time, I thought I would find it hard to get last minute accommodation but luckily I got a room here for 85 euro per night. I booked on Saturday for Sunday so I was lucky there was still accommodation available. The hotel was booked out for Monday night though as I got two 'wake up calls' the first at 11am knocking on the door to tell me that they really needed the room, the second was at 12. Geenste Feest finishes at 8am so hence my delayed reaction to the wake-up calls ;o) I was very happy with my room and the facilities. They didn't have an issue with my late arrival and check in at 10pm (caused by train delays) It is in a good location as it's slightly off the beaten track so no noise from Gentse Feest but it's still close enough to the centre of all the action to be easy walking distance. I also got 3 vouchers for free drinks in the bar even though I was only one person staying for one night, which I wasn't expecting. The 3 glasses of Leffe that I and my friends got using these didn't taste that great though (draught). Overall I'd recommend this hotel and would definitely stay here again. Also I wish I had noticed that there was an air conditioning unit on the ground in the room as with 31 deg C outside I would have had a much more pleasant sleep and could have closed the window if I'd noticed it!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Felixstowe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 July 2013

We stayed just for one night, normal sized room, very big bathroom, but no shelf space apart from the window ledge.
Friendly, helpful girl at reception.
Free Internet, only parking for three cars in the hotel, we parked at a nearby park house - €14 -
Had a nice dinner at the Irish Pub which belongs to the hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Devizes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2013

A lovely couple of nights in Ghent staying in a proper family room with single beds for the kids. As noted by other reviewers, the service was first class. Kristina was very welcoming and helpful (including with the arrangements prior to arrival). Our room was bright and clean, and appears to have been recently refurbished. Breakfast was fine although a little expensive and not included in the price of the room. There was a nice selection of food to choose from; the Irish fry-up was very satisfying after sampling the local beers the night before!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Charming and pleaseant hotel. Beautifull and cean rooms. The girl from the recepcion was very frrienly. We really enjoy our stay.Very nice and helpfull staff. Nice, confortable and very clean rooms. We stay in the family room, and the bathroom was very big, clean and beautifull. The breakfeast is a litle bit expensive, but good, serve in a irish pub, very tradicional. It as a small gardénia índice of the hotel. We enjoy very much of the hotel. The girl from the recepcion is very kinde. Good restaurants, very quer and safe city. In Gante centrum, The Graislei restaurant is very good and te owner was excepcional.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Seville
Reviewed 1 July 2013

The staff was very kind and friendly. You can park inside the hotel for 10 euros a day. Baths are big, with an excellent shower.

On the other hand, there's no elevator, it can be a problem if you travel with a big baggage.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Anniston, Alabama
Reviewed 18 June 2013

I loved finding this Irish B&B in the middle of Gent. We ended up with the luxury suite because they were booked...but even that was a reasonable price. Large, well-appointed, clean rooms. Breakfast is served in the pub, but it is not included in the price of the B&B, which is unusual. Try the full Irish Breakfast...it's unique! The proprietors speak English and most are from Ireland.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple