All reviewsirish pubirish bar next doorfamily roomseparate toilet roomlady at receptiontop floorno liften suite facilitiesbreakfast not includeddouble bedoutstanding staffhigh ceilingslimited parkingminute walk from the train stationnice big roomhotel location is excellentstreet noise
Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

We had a wonderful stay at this hotel. The room was large, clean with an incredible bathroom complete with sunken bath. The bed was large and comfortable and all the usual things you'd expect such as tea and coffee and a hairdryer are provided. Walking distance from the tourist attractions with friendly staff and a great Irish bar downstairs.

Stayed: October 2017
1  Thank micheletjordan
Reviewed 12 October 2017

I stayed for one night for a visit of the university in Ghent. I arrived 22:10, it was a friendly welcome and really quick check in. The room was very nice and cosy, i loved the interior decoration. The staff is friendly and courteous. It was a nice room, tidy and equipped with everything you need, minibar, hairdryer, sat-tv, regional tv, bathroom with rain shower, electric kettle, tea and coffe.
It is not a new hotel, but very lovely.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 October 2017

We stayed here for 3 nights during our 5 week trip thru Belgium & Germany. By the way, Belgium is a very expensive country, the prices really surprised me. That's the end of the editorial! .
This was a great place to stay, the location is excellent. If you do stay here, the front door will surprise you, it is in an alley at the back of the hotel. We were doubtful about the place when we arrived....was it knock 3 times and ask for Joe? The lobby is really unimpressive but Jenny was an outstanding host; what a nice lady! Good luck with the birth of the baby Jenny.
Our room was a nice size as was the bathroom. It seemed really clean, no complaints from us & we can be fussy (well one of us can be)
Our room was on the top floor up a normal staircase followed by a steep narrow circular staircase. There are low beams in the hallway leading to the room. I am 5'6" and my head just brushed the beam. Anyone tall has to be very careful.
We really liked our room but are really curious how hotels allocate rooms to guests. We booked & paid for this room in March for a September visit. Why the top floor? Are they preferred rooms? I really don't know.
Our towels were changed every day which wasn't necessary but we appreciated it.
We had a small fridge which is a real benefit.
We opted for the breakfast and because we had booked in March, they honoured the March price for breakfast, 10€ instead of 12€. We didn't have to ask, they offered. Breakfast was worth the cost, it was very good and there was lots of food, both hot & cold.
I drink tea, not coffee and I prefer Earl Grey to anything else so I carry tea with me when we travel. At breakfast on the first morning, there was no Earl Grey so I used my own tea bag. The dining room hostess noticed that I had my own tea. The next morning, there was Earl Grey tea available at breakfast. How much better can service get?

Would I stay here again. Definitely
Would I recommend it to friends? Of course

Room Tip: avoid the top floor because of the staircase.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

I was looking for a hotel with a quadruple room and this hotel looked lovely . Before we arrived the hotel sent me an email explaining that there was a new road system in the city and the sat nav would not be up to date. The instructions they gave within the email were excellent and very easy to follow. Jenny on Reception was here to greet us and was really lovely, very welcoming and very very helpful. She showed us on a map all the points of interest and also pointed out the restaurants nearby.

The room itself was very large and spacious is a very nice bathroom and the usual toiletries.
The beds were really comfortable and we all had a good nights sleep ready to go off venturing in the morning.

Breakfast is available in the adjacent restaurant, Foleys which is also part of the hotel, there is an additional cost of 14€ per person . We didn't have the breakfast we went to a neighbouring bakery instead.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 September 2017

Always a bit wary about booking small hotels, but this was a gem - the information provided before we arrived about finding the hotel and facilities was very helpful and the staff were friendly and helpful from the start. The en-suite facilities (toilet/shower room and coffee making facilities) were perfect and the room was nicely serviced whilst we were out. Very comfortable beds! It was a bit of a surprise to go across a courtyard to the adjoining Irish pub for breakfast, but breakfast was good and plentiful and again the staff were very friendly and helpful. Not the cheapest hotel but worth every penny for a comfortable, convenient and effortless stay.

Room Tip: Some rooms are up steep staircases - it would be important to specify mobility issues.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends