“beautiful place to stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ghent
B&B Myriame Dolders
Ranked #13 of 116 Ghent B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 July 2012

we had a great time in Gent. The room (looks more like an appartment) is very spacious. You can feel the history in this beautiful old house.
The breakfast is very good, every day something else :)
Just a few minutes walk tot the historic center of Gent.
I will recommend it to my friends!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FemkeG82

Reviewed 18 June 2012

Madame Dolders offers up some amazing digs (and tasty breakfasts) at her eclectic-yet-homey guesthouse, just a couple of blocks from the Gravensteen. After spending 6 days there, I can gratefully say that Myriame is a warm and welcoming host, and the rooms are incredibly unique and comfortable. The attic room where I stayed could sleep 10 comfortably, and it offers a sweet little distant view of the Belfry and St. Bavo's. Also, Madame Dolders is an art historian by training, so do be sure to stop and chat with her about the local art & architecture!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank rytch303
Reviewed 27 January 2012

On a recent business trip to Brussels, I was able to take a couple of personal days to visit a college friend in Gent. She and her husband found me this place, and said they'd reserved a room. Imagine my surprise when I got there and found a whole apartment! I stayed in the downstairs front room, that looks right out on Abrahamstraat. Roomy and comfy seating area, cozy bed tucked away, and a loft above with more beds! Full kitchen with pans, utensils, dishes, etc. It was almost a shame that I was traveling alone - this would be great for a family - kids would love climbing up to the loft beds, and being able to cook in is very economical (every bit helps traveling with kids!). The B&B is about 2 blocks from the castle (Gravensteen), in a beautiful little neighborhood of winding, cobblestone streets, and VERY quiet at night. Oh, and the breakfast! I suspect she made eggs because I'm an American, but it was a lovely surprise - beautiful sunny-side-up and perfectly seasoned. And of course fantastic European breads and spreads and coffee - and a Belgian chocolate! I was there on a very cold night in January, and had neglected to ask Myriam how to adjust the thermostat until it was very late at night, and I didn't want to bother her. If you're there in cold weather, be sure to ask when you check in - she is so friendly and welcoming. The price was really reasonable, especially given the convenient neighborhood and how big the room/apartment is! I will absolutely stay here the next time I get to Gent - next time with the whole family in tow, for at least a week!

Room Tip: Downstairs front room/apartment is where I stayed. There's also a small room in the back downst...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank AlixMB
Reviewed 26 January 2012

About two years ago, we decided to organize a city trip to Ghent with the entire extended family. It was not easy to find a guesthouse in Ghent that would have 4 or more people, but Miss Dolders was more than happy to help us out. The downstairs room was so spacious that it can only be described as a cosy apartment with a separate kitchen and a private bathroom. Miss Dolders was eager to explain to us all kind of interesting historical facts about Ghent (apparently she is a historian) and was always available when we needed help, finding our way in the city. The breakfast she served us was delicious and I still remember the quirky way she served her amazing coffee (in "plungers"). We have since recommended this B&B to many friends and relatives and we cannot imagine staying anywhere else next time we visit beautiful Ghent.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank William C
Reviewed 18 December 2011

We booked the ground floor room for three nights in December and specifically asked that the room be warm when we arrived. However on arrival we were informed the ground floor room was unavailable but we could have the large attic room for the same price. We managed to make our way up some very precarious steps to the attic room which had 4 double beds in it (we only wanted one!) The room itself was looking in need of some TLC, the heating was on (just) but the temperature was set to 15 degrees centigrade on the thermostat (hardly warm when it was freeing outside). We thought do we want to stay in this cold tired room for 3 nights? The answer ..no! So we left and made our way round the corner to the Atlas B&B which although 25 Euros more - well worth paying the extra for a decent room in nice surroundings.

Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mike W
Reviewed 26 September 2011

We found Myriame to be a lovely host who took the time to make us comfortable and gave us some great suggestions of where to go in the city she's rightfully proud of.

My husband and I stayed in the 40m2 room which was very large and comfortable, my father was accommodated in the garden room which was small and cosy (but this was reflected fairly in the price). Breakfast each morning was lovely and authentic, and ample!

The house itself is over 300 years old so it isn't a modern, slick and shiny new house but is is being lovingly restored and has charm and character in abundance. The rooms were very clean and comfortable and it's practically just around the corner to the historical centre of Gent.

We really enjoyed our stay and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Taryn T
Reviewed 28 June 2011

We booked this Bed & Breakfast for three nights in June. Myriame was very helpful with parking and suggestions on what to see and where to eat. The place was more like a self-catering apartment since the breakfast was very small and simple provided on a tray left outside the door, and because it included a full kitchen, living room, beds for six people, and ample room to move around, but garbage was emptied and towels were changed during our stay. We enjoyed being left alone to come and go as we pleased, and we booked this property to be close to Brugge and the Brussels airport, but fell in love with the city of Ghent. The location was excellent to walk and explore the lovely city, and by staying so close to the city center, we were able to go on many little walks back and forth from the property. The inside was rustic and a little shabby, but we loved it. All kids will love to climb up the ladder and have a little fort to themselves. I did read the other negative review before booking this place, but decided to give it a try and was glad I did. Myriame was very nice to talk to and her English was wonderful, and she even offered to let us check our
e-mail in her private apartment. We enjoyed the Bed & Breakfast and the city of Ghent and would stay again if given the chance.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family