“Friendly staff and great location”

Novotel Gent Centrum
Ranked #9 of 39 Hotels in Ghent
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Staff was exceedingly friendly and made every effort to help us out during or stay. Good breakfast - in a restaurant space with abundant seating - was a part of our package. Pool in the center court was lovely to look at if a bit cold. The location can't be beat off the center square and along a little alley with fun shops.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
EMILE L, General Manager at Novotel Gent Centrum, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

We would like to thank you for choosing our hotel as your accomodation choice during your stay in Gent.
I will share your comments with my team

Emile Lannoy

Write a ReviewReviews (1,336)

Reviewed 15 July 2013

Have just returned from a school trip with 22 students. One of the major stops was at the Novotel where we spent 4 nights. Our rooms were spacious and clean. Everything was available close by including a well stocked and reasonable supermarket which is great when travelling with students.
The staff did everything to ensure that we had everything we needed and out of all the hotels we stayed at over our near three week trip, this one had the easiest wi-fi connection. Very important for teenage students. Especially the ones who wanted to keep in contact with home. The hotel was next to some major sites and surrounded by cafes, bakeries and the like. I will definitely use this hotel again for both personel and school trips.

Room Tip: My room faced onto a small alleyway and was very quiet
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
SPAREINE, General Manager at Novotel Gent Centrum, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2013

On behalf of the hotel team , once again we wish to thank you for your comments , after your stay in Novotel Gent.
We are so happy you enjoyed your stay

Reviewed 4 July 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
SPAREINE, General Manager at Novotel Gent Centrum, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2013

Reviewed 2 July 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 26 June 2013

Stayed overnight in June 2013.
Room was clean and very tidy.
Very quiet rooms.
Swimming pool looked nice (no time to use it) and the outside seating area was pleasant.
Great location near to all of Ghents wonderful old buildings.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
SPAREINE, General Manager at Novotel Gent Centrum, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2013

I would like to thank you first for choosing Novotel Gent , as your accomodation choice during your recent visit to Gent.
Your comments inspire us to strive harder in servicing our guest.
On behalf of the team ,I wish to thank you

Reviewed 25 June 2013

The hotel is easy to get to from the station - take the No. 1 tram. and it is the 7th stop. Then you have to cross in front of a cathedral to reach the other side of the plaza and the hotel. I stayed 4 nights and was delighted with my room. Breakfast was excellent and as I spend my final night in Belgium at the Novotel in Brussels, I can say that the Gent Novotel gave the same dishes a much higher quality and presentation. The reception staff were particularly helpful and nothing was too much trouble. Both Lara and Kurt contributed to the enjoyment of my stay with their lovely humor and friendliness. Location of the hotel is excellent and its possible to walk almost everywhere. Lots of restaurants in the area and a supermarket a few doors away if you want to buy food or drinks. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Maksmum

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay in Novotel Gent
I will share your comments with my team , and hope to see you soon again

Reviewed 22 June 2013

Upon arrival we were greeted by a very friendly, helpful gentleman working the reception desk. We checked into our room to find it a bit small for the three of us. I asked about an upgrade to a suite. Again, the gentleman at reception, although busy, was very helpful. He got a coworker to show me the suite to make sure it would satisfy our needs. The young gentleman that showed us the room was very pleasant. Every time I thanked him, he would say it was his pleasure to help us. The suite was much better than the original room. The suite has a bedroom with water closet and shower, TV, tea pot, and an excellent view (room 106). The adjoining room had a sofa that made twin beds, a Tv, table with chairs and a closet. Again, terrific view. The rooms were nice, except the carpet was worn and dirty. The bed was comfortable, the shower was nice, and we had FREE WIFI! The suite came with robes and slippers and a bottle of Cava with snacks.
The staff were very helpful and made us feel welcome. They also spoke excellent English.
The gym is very small, don't count on getting much of a workout here. The hotel has a pool which is a nice addition. The hotel is in a perfect location. There are plenty of restaurants close by and shopping is a very short walking distance. Overall, we
really enjoyed our stay and would recommend Novotel. If I return to Gent, I will definitely stay there again!

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 764stephanieb
SPAREINE, General Manager at Novotel Gent Centrum, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2013

I would like to start by thanking you , for taking the time to write a revieuw of Novotel Gent on Trip Advisor.
I will share your comments with my team.
Best regards , and hope to see you soon again in Gent