1,454 results
All reviews outdoor pool great location paper cups sofa bed car park nice hotel central location nice bar separate toilet sat nav the main square restaurants and bars superior room old town centre of town large room train station
Reviewed 1 November 2016

Good location in the centre of Ghent, near Korenmarkt tram stop if coming from the station. Clean rooms and comfortable beds, we were on floor 4 at the front of the hotel which had a lovely view of the city. The staff were pleasant and the breakfast which was included in our rate had a lot of choice and was good quality. Have used the Novotel in Bruges which is also of a good standard, they are a reliable hotel chain. Would recommend, we probably won't return, but only as we prefer Bruges to Ghent.

Room Tip: High Floors at the front have good views of the city
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 November 2016

Staff really helpful, Rooms normal size but tired décor. The main issue with this hotel is not of their making. The road works around the hotel make it extremely difficult to find the car park. Sat Nav is useless. I only found the car park after 45mins of looking when I saw a sign about A4 size telling me to go the wrong way up a one way street!!

Room Tip: Get a room on the highest floor possible some of the views over the city are very nice.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 November 2016

This hotel is in the city center of the most beautiful city I have seen in Europe. Very old European-style buildings, breath-taking churches. Lovely cobblestone streets, vendors, and chocolate shops galore. The streets are very narrow in the center city, driving in the center is a little difficult. There are bikes everywhere along with city trams and buses. From the train station, you can easily catch a tram (3 euro - there is a 14 euro card which makes much more sense, can't remember what they call it). I here that most people from Europe park outside of the city center and take the tram/bus around the city - makes much more sense, don't drive if you can avoid it. Hotel is comfortable with "hair dryer", separate toilet and shower area, no tubs. The hotel bar/restaurant is very good and the staff friendly and accommodating. I would recommend.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 October 2016

A little difficult to get to,due to roads being closed off. Could do with better directions, otherwise very convenient. Breakfast too expensive 20euros so go out to eat. Large room very comfortable, third bed a sofa bed, better than the one in Ypre.has underground parking not say to get to and a bit tight if you have a bigger car.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 October 2016 via mobile

We are here for 2 nights with friends one of which is blind . On pulling up outside I went in to ask how to use the car park but was told it was full . I explained about my friend and asked if they could help with bags . I was told to park on the disabled bay which I explained was already occupied. I therefor again asked if they could help and would then go and find and find a park . I was told " What do you expect me to do ?" I guess a person with special needs should not stay here if staff won't help ?

Thankfully a couple just checking in offered to help and also said the girl on reception was rude !

The rooms were good and great beds but won't stay again

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Fred_De_Deken, General Manager at Novotel Gent Centrum, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2016

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Gent Centrum. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. Our parking is very limited in space, but disabled people have absolute priority. Best is to reserve parking in advance, but even if this has not be done, we can find solutions to help you. The attitude of our staff at your arrival doesn't reflect at all the kindness we are used to give. This will be discussed with reception staff, and give explicit instructions to avoid this in the future. We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future. Warm regards, Fred