“Excellent location in Ghent”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of NH Gent Belfort

NH Gent Belfort
Ranked #7 of 37 Hotels in Ghent
GreenLeadersSilver level
Havertown, Pennsylvania
“Excellent location in Ghent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2012

This is a great hotel particularly for US visitors not used to dealing with smaller hotels in cities like this. Check in was great, facilities were great, parking was v. convenient and the room was very nicely appointed. The only downer was truly the worst cooked breakfast I've ever had in a hotel. Very poor selection of truly awful dry scrambled eggs, cold greasy bacon. It's such a shame that such an easy thing to do right was done so wrong. I would stay again, but stick to the continental cheeses and hams and forget the scrambled eggs.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Serbian first
toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2012

1 night. Having never stayed at NH, I loved it. Great service (easy check in/out), spotless and fabulous room décor, well laid out (average size room), fan of the sleek green modern decor (pillow options, appreciated the his/hers overhead lights/dimmers etc.). Our room overlooked a quiet side-street. The hotel is centrally located and easy walking to sites, 5-7 min. to main shopping area. Efficient check-in/out. Free WIFI at reception with code (can’t remember if free room wifi). Good price, deal found online. I appreciated reception informing me about their summer city break offers, twice. First time figure it was the usual brunch pitch and tuned out. Although I could not use it (my non-booked days happened in NH free cities, I do travel a bit and book all the accom), I appreciated knowing for future reference. Would gladly stay again.

Bit of a walk from the train station (20+min., might be less if we had a better map) but you are better off taking local transit which will drop you off near the McDonalds/Main Square, then less than 5 min to hotel. Found the Graffiti “lovers” alley is overrated. Get your bus tickets at the ticket machine.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
portomaso, st julians
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2012

Stayed here for four nights. Good breakfast, clean rooms. After having complained about the mattress, have given me a better room with very good mattress. Free WIFI in all the hotel. The location is next to everything.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back more quite.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2012

We arrived by train from Brussels Midi, and the cab ride to the hotel was around 12 Euros. We were pleased with the appearance of the hotel when we pulled up. Our room wasn't ready when we arrived around 11, but they held our luggage for us until it was ready around 2. We booked a corner room, which was very roomy and comfortable, with a nice sitting area. It had a nice TV, two comfy chairs, and a great bed and bathroom. Everything was very modern and sleek, and very clean. The location was fantastic, just turn right outside the hotel and you're by the river and castle area, with a ton of nice restaurants.The town itself is amazing - so scenic! The castle is wonderful. We thoroughly enjoyed visiting this lovely town, and were very happy with this hotel for price, value, service and amenities. Definitely recommend.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
DC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2012

The decor and design of the hotel is great -- modern, clean lines, inviting. I had an executive room with plenty of space, a sofa, and a chair. I cannot speak for the other rooms but the executive room is a good option for the price. The food is average (both at breakfast buffet and at restaurant). With the exception of the housekeeping staff who were quite nice, the staff at the hotel restaurant were downright rude and infuriated when I asked for anything -- even a spoon. The reception staff were average. Other than the staff, this is a good hotel.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2012

I stayed at this hotel with a whole group of people and everything was excellent. Friendly staff, clean rooms, great facilities and set in a great location in the middle of Ghent. The beds were heaven to sleep in!
Ghent is such a charming and beautiful city and I highly recommend it for the perfect weekend away. Only 2 hours by train from London, a hidden gem!

Adrian, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2012

I travelled to Ghent on business and my colleagues arranged to put me in this hotel. I have budget restrictions imposed by my company when I travel so I always have to be mindful of prices. This hotel turned out to be an excellent choice, It was a very nice hotel priced very attractively considering its location and its offerings. The location is excellent as it is in the middle of downtown Ghent. It is a very pleasant setting very near the major attractions such as the Cathedral and the River area. The only downside to the location is that it can be difficult to navigate the traffic if you are going out of downtown during the busy rush in the morning. The interior is nicely done and presents a good impression when entering the lobby.My check-in experience was very efficient and the front desk agent was very helpful and informative. My room was sufficiently spacious, clean and well lit. I made use of the free internet which functioned without problems. The bed was comfortable and the selection of offerings on the TV service was quite adequate, including a reasonable amount of English programming. My check-out experience was likewise very efficient and caused me no delays in my morning schedule. The rate for this hotel was excellent for the accommodations I received. The morning breakfast was a little pricy for what it was but I find that this is commensurate with breakfast buffets at similar hotels in northern Europe. In all, I was favorably impressed with this hotel and would stay there again on my next trip to Ghent.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business