Ibis Gent Centrum Opera
US$186
US$172
Orbitz.com
1,076 results
All reviewstram stoprooms are small but cleanbudget hotelminute walkrail stationcity centrebuffet breakfastcar parkopen the windownice barnight's sleeproom ratecouple of nightsexcellent locationcroissantsold citybeautiful city
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Standard Ibis offering, polite and efficent staff, room small even by Ibis standards. the spotless bathroom is a study in space economy. Reasonably large and functional public rooms with limited food offering. standard Ibis buffet breakfast. If you are arriving by train at Sint Peter station just hop on tram1 ( Evergem ) it stops right outside. If coming by car good luck!. Our mission might have been easier had a car not obscured the small sign pointing our direction. I have been here before and it still took 40 minutes to find in the maze of narrow one way streets and tram priority roads, there is parking here at a price, Euro15.00 per night but it is worth the effort for the location.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sirleeolgit
An Accor traveller
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 April 2012

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Stayed here with friends for a weekend break. Perfect place to drop bags and head out and experience beautiful Ghent. Rooms are very small, but clean. Staff polite and helpful. Would not recommend the restaurant as there are some lovely ones nearby.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 March 2012

So the hotel is well kept and clean, however, the ambiance is lacking and the rooms are TINY. For the record, I've stayed in plenty of European hotel rooms, so my expectations are never high here, but our room was almost comically small. The bed was in the corner (meaning I slept against the wall) allowing for about three feet of space between the bed and the narrowest 'closet' I've ever laid eyes on.
The bathroom was also an exercise in space issues, as the shower presented the unique problem of there being no flat surfaces to put your things (shampoo, razor soap etc...) on, while being so narrow and small, that were you to put your bathing things on the floor of it, you CANNOT bend all the way down to reach them.
And you will want to bring those things because there is no soap/shampoo etc supplied, but one generic squeeze bottle by the sink that is supposed to address all of your needs, whether you're washing your hair, your face, whatever. One bottle, attached to the wall.
My husband had to be careful not to stand anywhere near the door because if we did, I could not exit the bathroom into the rest of our room (#332 if you're curious).
Our view was really nice (one window, directly out at the Opera building), however the view down the halls was less so as you're forced to look at Ibis advertisements that line all of the hallways. I'm already staying here. You already have my money. Why are you making me look at advertising as I walk the halls to my tiny little space? OK, I've said my piece. All the more needed, as I have a feeling some of these glowing reviews have been planted.

Room Tip: Just not mine (332). Try for a bigger room if there's any way possible. According to the 'fire plan' some indeed appeared larger.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carrie451
Reviewed 11 March 2012

I stayed here for one night. Check in was quick and easy. Went to our room on the first floor. The room was very small, with little storage space which wasn't a problem for us as we were only there one night.

The bathroom was very small but clean. You couldn't get dressed in there. Good power shower and basic toiletries.

The bed I found a little hard. TV had a good selection of channels including BBC.

My friend had to get up in the middle of the night to ask people who were from other rooms standing in the hallway and in party mode, to be quiet. No fault of the hotel, but I guess a lot of people who are in the city to party would stay here.

We didn't eat here as there are plenty of cafes close by and we decided to eat in one of these.

Good location to explore Gent. Close to all the shops and sights of Gent.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends