1,169 results
All reviews tram stop small bathroom budget hotel minute walk city centre railway station buffet breakfast car park old town couple of nights comfy bed excellent location visit ghent beautiful city croissants gent euro
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Everything about this hotel was just fine except for the thin walls, which unfortunately kept me from sleeping. The location was great! The tram stops directly in front of the hotel so you can't beat that. If you don't want to take the tram it is not a far walk to the train station when you arrive in Gent. There were plenty of restaurants and bars close by and the attractions were not far. The hotel bar was actually quite nice with a good selection and good prices. I even had a chicken dish that was quite tasty. But, all of that is secondary to the fact that I heard everything going on during the night and could not sleep. Even with the window closed I heard the street conversations. The people in the next room sounded like they were sharing mine. It was really unfortunate because when you're moving from city to city it is important to get a good night sleep.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Stephan V, General Manager at Ibis Gent Centrum Opera, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear guests,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the ibis Gent Centrum Opera. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

General manager

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

I really this hotel cause it is in downtown of Gent close to everything you can accuatly walk to the city and do shop and walk, the break fast is so yummy, the people are very polite and nice, the city is very cozy with many pubs and stores, I defily will come back there one day, also I recommend this hotel the price is very low!!!!

Date of stay: May 2014
Stephan V, General Manager at Ibis Gent Centrum Opera, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Marcos,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Gent Centrum Opera. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

general manager

Reviewed 19 May 2014

We’d planned a budget Easter break to Ghent and were expecting a cheap and cheerful Ibis, especially for 65 Euro with breakfast per night, but this particular one was surprisingly good.
With only hand luggage, the Ibis was an easy 20-25 minute walk from Ghent St Pieters station. We could have taken a tram, but the directions from the station looked so easy so why bother? It was also a 10-minute walk from the Old City of Ghent but away from the large concentration of bars and restaurants found in the main squares.
Reception/check-in was fast and the room key card gained access to the lifts to other floors. Noting other other reviewers mentioning street noise we did request prior to arrival a room at the back of the hotel. We actually stayed at the side of the hotel on the second floor, but luckily didn’t hear a thing.
The room was quite small but not certainly not uncomfortably so, and there was plenty of room on either side of the bed, and space enough by the window for a bench seat and desk. The bathroom was compact but we were both able to take showers without a problem.
I found the bed extremely comfortable, but the room in general was hot and we had to lie on top of the bed covers on all three nights.
Breakfast was surprisingly good, although we didn’t realise that the buffet had to be approached in a certain direction. We usually dip in and out of a breakfast buffet as and when we require an item of food, but here it seemed as if everyone collected everything at the same time regardless of whether they’d still be hot by the time they ate them.
We didn’t use the bar of the hotel as there were far too many interesting bars to discover in the city centre.
We loved Ghent. The city was full of interesting little corners and the Ghent Visitor Guide was invaluable source of ideas. Without this guide, we would never have visited the Beguinages, let alone heard of them!
I would give the Ibis four stars for the price, service, comfort and location.

Date of stay: April 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank S5363GSanned
Stephan V, General Manager at Ibis Gent Centrum Opera, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear Testla,

Thank you very much for your kind remarks and compliments.

It's always a pleasure to get feedback from our guests and to read about the great experience you had in Gent while staying in our hotel.

I hope your "surprise' inspired you to discover more of our city or even other Ibis hotels all over Europe.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

I found the quality of the hotel to be quite good. The rooms are small, but clean. The hotel is a bit of a walk from the center (so that you know). I liked the service- the receptionist was very friendly and helped me a lot with early check-in. Definitely recommend for a stay at this charming city.

Date of stay: August 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

1-walking distance to Graslei and shopping places
2-in front of tram-Easy to go everywhere
3-reception kind n nice-help me with Euro adapter,
call taxi,keep baggage after checkout
4-breakfast:€12-reasonable with danish pastry.croissant.toast.omellette.coffee.tea.juice.yoghurt.cereal.nuts.raisins.I am Muslim but still can eat things without meat.pork.liqour here.

Dear Seremban,