“Short stay”

Ibis Gent Centrum Opera
Ranked #14 of 37 Hotels in Ghent

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I travel a lot recently and last week I had to visit the university of Ghent and I stayed in the Ibis Centrum Opera. I think it was the worst decision I have ever made. INCOMPETENT, unpolite (I would say RUDE) staffs, the dirty bathroom, very poor service and prices from the Moon. I am not a challenging guest, I have never complainted any hotels, but I have to do it first time in my life. My recommendation is: avoid the hotel!
I am going to visit the University of Ghent once again in July, but I am absolutly sure I will choose another hotel, even I need to walk longer.

Room Tip: Avoid the hotel!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Stephan V, General Manager at Ibis Gent Centrum Opera, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the ibis Gent Centrum Opera. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

Hotelmanager
West Chester, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 June 2014

The hotel staff here is extremely unaccommodating. One member in particular, Urgo, even went as far as to refuse to print a two page paper for me even after I offered to pay extra for it. They caused our trip to be inconvenienced and because of him I will never be staying at another one of these hotels again. I hope the management of this hotel reads this and takes proper action to ensure that any of there other guests don't have this same experience.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Blake J
We thank you for having taken the time to write to us following your stay at ibis Gent Centrum Opera.

You have a lukewarm memory of your stay and you rightly highlighted certain insufficiencies in the service that was provided to you, and I have been made aware of them. I assure you that we are sorry and we present our sincerest apologies for this unpleasant experience.

I attach considerable importance to correcting our mistakes, in order to improve the quality and you satisfaction.

We hope that, following our improvements, we may count you among the guests of ibis hotels, despite your unsatisfactory experience.

Once again, we thank you and hope to win back your trust.
Stephan Vanwingene

Travellers are raving about these Ghent hotels

The Netherlands
Reviewed 7 June 2014

For business i always prefer to stay in a Ibis hotel. Their concept really suits me, good staff, nice and clean rooms, good beds and breakfast and always a decent working wifi. This hotel is near the center of Gent (korenmarkt) where you can find some good restaurants. As always for an Ibis: good value for money.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Stephan V, General Manager at Ibis Gent Centrum Opera, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear guests,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at our hotel.
It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

general manager
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Everything about this hotel was just fine except for the thin walls, which unfortunately kept me from sleeping. The location was great! The tram stops directly in front of the hotel so you can't beat that. If you don't want to take the tram it is not a far walk to the train station when you arrive in Gent. There were plenty of restaurants and bars close by and the attractions were not far. The hotel bar was actually quite nice with a good selection and good prices. I even had a chicken dish that was quite tasty. But, all of that is secondary to the fact that I heard everything going on during the night and could not sleep. Even with the window closed I heard the street conversations. The people in the next room sounded like they were sharing mine. It was really unfortunate because when you're moving from city to city it is important to get a good night sleep.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Stephan V, General Manager at Ibis Gent Centrum Opera, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear guests,

General manager
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

I really this hotel cause it is in downtown of Gent close to everything you can accuatly walk to the city and do shop and walk, the break fast is so yummy, the people are very polite and nice, the city is very cozy with many pubs and stores, I defily will come back there one day, also I recommend this hotel the price is very low!!!!

Stayed May 2014
Stephan V, General Manager at Ibis Gent Centrum Opera, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Marcos,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Gent Centrum Opera. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

general manager