We went to stay in this hotel in gent after staying in a fairly luxurious, 4 star hotel in Amsterdam so since this was a 2 star it really was a step down. However for a 2 star it was nice. The bed was comfortable. And the room and bathroom were fairly clean. No free in room internet though. (We got a sim card for my phone and tethered our internet from that. 10 Euro for 2G of data was fine and we could then use mobile trip advisor from the phone, etc.)
In comparison we got a special on the 4 star in both amsterdam, and later the 4 star in brussels so those stays were something like 85 Euro a night were as the ibis was something like 67 a night. Personally I would pay the extra 18 euro for the 4 star hotels but we couldn't find any in gent. Thus we went with the Ibis. It started off not so good though since the shower was blocked. If you showered for 5 minutes the shower pan filled up with water and started to overflow. I went down in the morning and told reception. They said they were going to fix it, but the next night and the next night the shower was still not fixed. On checking out of the hotel I noticed they advertised everywhere that they will fix your problems within 15 minutes or "the stay is on us". So I said this to the reception and after a tiny bit of "we need to ring a manager", "we can offer you one night free", etc. I pointed out that the shower was not working for the last two nights with plenty of notice from me. They agreed and gave us the last two nights accommodation free! So they really do honor there word on this. At least in our case! The receptionist we checked out with was very nice, and the bar woman was also extremely nice and friendly!
So in conclusion I would definitely recommend this hotel (since I think the blocked shower thing was an exception and they handled it very well) and it is good value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ibis Gent Centrum Kathedraal hotel is located in the historic and commercial centre of Ghent, facing the cathedral, right next to historic monuments (museum, abbey, castle) and a few kilometres from the Exhibition Centre and the Convention Centre. Ideal for business and tourist stays, the hotel has 120 rooms with free WiFi internet access including three rooms for guests with limited mobility. The hotel also features a 24 hour bar. Pets welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com and ACCOR so you can book your Ibis Gent Centrum St-Baafs Kathedraal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Gent Centrum Kathedraal Hotel Ghent
- Ibis Hotel Ghent
- Accor Gent Centrum Kathedraal