I am not giving 5 Stars to this Hotel, just because it is a no frill and simple hotel, but it has a lot to offer. We paid very little (£60 per night inclusive of breakfast) and we were not expecting such good quality hotel!
Highlights - Breakfast is excellent, location is probably the best in town (lovely views onto the Cathedral), great staff at the bar and lovely powerful shower. Things that could be improved - The Staff at the reception was not always helpful as you would expect, they did not want to advise us where to eat and they did not know Museums opening times, etc...
Rather than this small negative point, we found the hotel value for money and definitely reccomend it if you are looking for a 4 star hotel at the price of 2!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ibis Gent Centrum Kathedraal hotel is located in the historic and commercial centre of Ghent, facing the cathedral, right next to historic monuments (museum, abbey, castle) and a few kilometres from the Exhibition Centre and the Convention Centre. Ideal for business and tourist stays, the hotel has 120 rooms with free WiFi internet access including three rooms for guests with limited mobility. The hotel also features a 24 hour bar. Pets welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ibis Gent Centrum St-Baafs Kathedraal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Gent Centrum Kathedraal Hotel Ghent
- Ibis Hotel Ghent
- Accor Gent Centrum Kathedraal