Not our usual chain but booked because it was such good value for a short break; wasn't sure how our stay would be. Parked in the car park below the hotel - plenty of room when we arrived.
The super clean room, though not large, was big enough.The air-con was efficient and wonderfully quiet so it didn't disturb our sleep. The bed was really comfortable and we slept very well. Reasonably priced food and drinks from their bar / restaurant so we didn't feel ripped off when we had snacks and drinks in our room. Location was excellent - we overlooked the cathedral. Had breakfast at a little cafe a couple of doors down from the hotel at a very reasonable price.
Completed a standard on-line evaluation of the hotel after our stay and was surprised to receive a personal response to my comments from the manager - I've never had that happen before with a 'chain' motel and thought it very impressive.
I would definitely recommend this hotel for a good value comfortable stay, and will now always consider booking an Ibis when travelling.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ibis Gent Centrum Kathedraal hotel is located in the historic and commercial centre of Ghent, facing the cathedral, right next to historic monuments (museum, abbey, castle) and a few kilometres from the Exhibition Centre and the Convention Centre. Ideal for business and tourist stays, the hotel has 120 rooms with free WiFi internet access including three rooms for guests with limited mobility. The hotel also features a 24 hour bar. Pets welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Expedia, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Ibis Gent Centrum St-Baafs Kathedraal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Gent Centrum Kathedraal Hotel Ghent
- Ibis Hotel Ghent
- Accor Gent Centrum Kathedraal