We stayed here for 2 nights in August 2013. We usually book Ibis hotels for our short trips to Europe as they are great value and we are hardly in the room. This one was great value as usual, we paid £128 including city tax which I think is good considering it was a UK bank holiday and we were right in the city centre.
We arrived at around 7am and there was no parking available at the hotel - this was no surprise as the people departing on that Saturday morning had probably not left yet. We had prepared for this and researched another car park in case it happened. Check in was simple and the receptionist was very friendly offering us maps and tips for the area. A room was ready for us even at that time of the morning which we were very happy with. After dropping our bags, we headed out to explore the city - the hotel is directly opposite St.Baafs Kathedraal and we had a lovely view from the room window of it. I had read that the bells were really loud, considering we were only 30 feet across the road from it we never heard them at all when we were sleeping! Gent is a very walkable city so we had no problems finding our way and this hotel was in a great location to explore everything.
The room was very clean - it was on the small side but all Ibis hotels we have stayed in are. They have enough storage to put a couple of bags and the bed was comfortable as always. The bathroom was fine too, very clean again with enough space for a wash/make up bag etc.
We would definitely stay here again when visiting Gent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ibis Gent Centrum Kathedraal hotel is located in the historic and commercial centre of Ghent, facing the cathedral, right next to historic monuments (museum, abbey, castle) and a few kilometres from the Exhibition Centre and the Convention Centre. Ideal for business and tourist stays, the hotel has 120 rooms with free WiFi internet access including three rooms for guests with limited mobility. The hotel also features a 24 hour bar. Pets welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ibis Gent Centrum St-Baafs Kathedraal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Gent Centrum Kathedraal Hotel Ghent
- Ibis Hotel Ghent
- Accor Gent Centrum Kathedraal