“Ghent in style”

Sandton Grand Hotel Reylof
Ranked #3 of 39 Hotels in Ghent
Reviewed 11 June 2012

If style matters... If you want to have lunch in a garden while feeling the vibes of the city... If you want to go running in the parks and enjoy sumptuous breakfast upon return... Reylof is different and makes your stay in the lively city of Ghent even more enjoyable. Great value for money so that even if you're on a business trip nobody will suspect you exagerate .. Enjoy.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (3,738)

Reviewed 10 June 2012

My husband and I booked a night here for a last minute getaway to celebrate our 26th wedding anniversary. We were amazed at how beautiful the hotel was. It is a fantastic mix of old and new. Check in was quick and the staff was very friendly. The room was great. The hotel had left a note of congratulations and a small box of chocolates for us. The bed was super comfortable and the room included robes and slippers. The walkin shower was very nice. One big surprise was that the bottled water in the minibar was free!

The breakfast buffet had a nice variety and the staff was very friendly. We did not have time to use the spa, on this visit.
The location is superb. It is less than 5 minutes walk to the historic center of town.

I do recommend using the Ramen car park it is very close and will accommodate large cars.
We will definately stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2012

Stayed in this hotel for 2 nights during a trip around Europe. The hotel for me was pretty close to perfect, I just could not fault it. We booked a double room and were upgraded to superior for no extra charge as I mentioned some pictures i saw on the web of wooden beams in the rooms and the very nice man on reception upgraded us free of charge We therefore stayed in a superior room which had a sitting room area, massive bedroom and massive bathroom and separate toilet (with very creative use of doors). The bed was a queen size bed, we had free wifi, mini bar with 3 bottles of free water per day, lots of English channels and room service available also.
I am a gym fanatic and the hotel had a separate wellness centre just a stroll across the garden, in the wellness centre was a small but adequate gym, sauna and very nice swimming pool, it was quiet the days we stayed and I had the use of this entire centre to myself the 3 times I used it.
Breakfast again in this hotel was perfect , I am lactose and wheat intollerant so breakfast in hotels is very difficult. This hotel however offered to cook eggs any which way you liked so I had Omellete with cooked tomatos and they also had Alpro Soya Milk which meant I was able to have my wheat free cereal and they also made me beautiful decaf coffee.
The staff at the hotel were professional and extremely friendly and helpful at all times.
All in all this is the best hotel I have ever stayed in, loved it and whatever your requirements the hotel seems able to accomodate.
Very secure parking was also available to us @ a rate of 15 euro per day.
If you are visiting Ghent do yourself a favour and book this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AudreyN17
Reviewed 2 June 2012

Treat yourself and book this hotel, or do all you can to find a good rate and stay here; I'll be surprised if you regret it.

It's situated in a quiet part of Gent but only 5 minutes walk from the centre of town. The conversion of the hotel has left many of the original architectural mouldings, paintings etc in tact whilst adding bold modern features such as the cocktail bar.

The room I had was amazing and had its own balcony overlooking the grassed central courtyard bar. Breakfast is truly international and offers something for everyone. I didn't get to use the spa on this stay, although it looked superb.

The hotel is stylish and elegant and provides a haven from the busy tourist filled areas of town, I look forward to staying here many more times in future.

One tip is to avoid using the parking garage. There is a public car park 'Ramen' at the rear of the hotel that offers parking for a third of the hotel price.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Russell S
Reviewed 31 May 2012

fantastic experience in Ghent. Incredible room (deluxe room) . enormous balcony on 2 sides of the room with a great view on the garden and the architectural façade of the original part of the building. Nice furniture , very relaxing lighting. Everything is out of your view, wardrobe/dressing and safe/minibar behind a door . Very nice bathroom with walkin/shower . Really the best bed we ever slept in!
Breakfast, too much to choose from!
Staff very friendly, discreet, helpfull, efficient.
Located at a 5min walk to the centre of historic Ghent. You will enjoy a great town to visit, nice restaurants and the best hotel to stay in.
I'll be back

Room Tip: rooms with a balcony with view on the garden. We stayed in deluxe-room (288)
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sealion1962
Reviewed 24 May 2012

Visiting the historic city of Ghent, do yourself a favor, pamper yourself and stay at the Sandton Grand Hotel Reylof. Or if you would like to stay away from the bustle and hassle of Brussels, choose this property as a staging ground for your visits to Bruges, Antwerp or Brussels. You won't be disappointed. The staff was very professional, helpful and friendly, my room was ready and available upon an early arrival from the Brussels airport after a transatlantic flight. My room was very large and luminous: a corner room with a large L-shaped furnished terrace overlooking a centennial flowery chestnut tree. All the comfort and amenities you might expect from this category hotel, and an exceptional breakfast buffet featuring all sorts of freshly baked multi-grain breads, croissants, yoghourt and fresh fruits, cold cuts, eggs and bacon. Understated elegance, blending sleek contemporary decor and art in a historic townhouse.

Room Tip: My room featured a very large bathroom (walk-in shower) with private toilet. Not all bathrooms have...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank MGD54
Reviewed 24 May 2012

I have stayed several times in this hotel, and I can call it allmost perfect. It is a relative new hotel, which you can clearly see. Everything has been well taken care of , and it is spotless clean. The building itself is also beautiful. Free wifi + bottles of water are a nice plus! Location is nothing to complain about, just a few minutes from the main square.

The rooms are of great size, however if I have to put some improvement points on paper these will be:
- No coffee/Tea facilities in the room. Quite weird, since it's a 4*... I hope management understands that this is a simply and cost efficient improvement.
- No iron facilities. I was here for business, and this is something they have to do something about!! I simply can not understand the fact a hotel will not have ironing facilities.. Please Sandton, improve on this.. However, holiday makers shouldnt be to worried..
- TV reception: Not all channels work, either the sound does not work, or the channels simply dont work. Overall good variety of TV channels though (best I've seen in Belgium!)

Before I get to picky I can only say one thing.. If you go to Belgium book this great hotel. I paid 100 euro/night which is very acceptable!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business