We stayed one night, in a standard room at the rate of 89 EUR. We had no over-expectations as we traveled from Brussels to Brugges through Gent.
Price is more than attractive, that should be the main reason for such a high rate on Tripadvisor.
Rooms are decent indeed: large bathroom, minibar, extra pillow, villeroy boch and so on. No argue, that’s the best you can get for that price.
But what stunned as absolutely is the disastrous service – I would say non-existent.
1. We first asked for slippers as they were missing in our room. I called the reception twice and went there twice – no result (“We are out of supplies, sorry”)
2. Three (3) light bulbs were dead in our room, both bedside lanterns – so we asked to possibly replace them, but mentioned that it is not critical. Guess what – nothing happened, no lights.
3. Although you have the temperature control switch in your room, we soon figured out that does not impact the temperature, as it is centrally heated. (source – cleaning lady) It was quite cold in our room, hence on Jan 2.
4. Finally, there is a large restaurant in the hotel + lobby bar, but when I asked for two cups of tea, or just hot water, room service proudly mentioned that they are out of teapots/boilers/cups whatsoever… out of service, to put it short.
Eventually, 20 EUR per breakfast in pretty expensive (in Gent)
You will be also recommended to part your car at hotel’s parking (at the rate of 20 EUR).
Nobody said there is a public one 120 meters close to the hotel at the rate of 7 EUR/day.
Absolutely not recommended, there are plenty of other decent hotels in Gent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This magnificent 18th-century Ghent hotel offers stylish interiors and modern amenities. It is only 750 meters from the Belfry. The Reylof features a wellness center and a garden courtyard with terraces. In restaurant LOF they serve classic French dishes and oriental cuisine. And in the Champagne bar you can enjoy a delicious glass of champagne. Rooms at the Grand Hotel Sandton Reylof have high ceilings, large windows and a beautiful French-style interior with modern details. Each room has air conditioning, a minibar and a luxurious bathroom with a spacious rain shower for 2 people or a bathtub. In the suites the minibar is included. The wellness in a former coach house situated in the garden offers a wonderful setting for relaxation. You can have several soothing massages and other treatments. For hotel guests the use the of the sauna, steam bath, fitness and wellness pool are free, except for the treatments. There is a business corner with PC available. Also, there are 9 meeting rooms available with connections for all types of equipment, the equipment is present in the hotel. The hotel has a parking garage (€28/day) with a free charging-point for electric cars. There is also a public parking 'Ramen', just around the corner. Since April 2013, Sandton Grand Hotel Reylof has besides the BREEAM certificate also the Green Key award. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Sandton Grand Hotel Reylof reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.