Het Rommelwater B&B
US$170
US$97
US$94
  • Bar/Lounge
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I've stayed twice at Het Rommelwater and I am already planning on coming back. It's in a wonderful location for exploring Ghent and Belgium and it was an absolutely wonderful stay. The rooms were extremely comfortable with television and cooking facilities, the great coffee in the rooms was a wonderful bonus and the bathroom was clean and comfortable. I could also safely leave my bike indoors and while close to Ghent it was quiet to be able to get plenty of rest after cycling. The best part was the really nice hosts who always are extremely hospitable and warm people! It really began to feel like a home from home and so I can't wait to come back. I'll definitely be going there every year from now on.

Room Tip: I stayed in two of the rooms and both were extremely comfortable
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 February 2014

My stay at Het Rommewater B&B was nothing less than heavenly home away from home. The owners Rene and Stef live in they are always friendly and knowledgable of Belgium and of course the city of Ghent.
My travels take me to far away places and there is nothing more comforting than a cozy warm place to put your feet up and the end of the day, enjoy a world renowned Belgium beer. The rooms are great and colorful. I normally stay in the little room it's really cozy and with the breakfast its great value for money.
I have been passing through Ghent for the last 4 years and make a point of staying @ Het Rommelwater B&B

Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Having stayed a little out of town on our first night at the Astoria we had to change due to no availability for our second night in Ghent. Despite the nice web photos this hotel was disapointing. The rooms were basic, lacked good lighting and our room faced out onto a very noisy bar which went on until 5am. Despite paying 129 euros for the room, which you can get cheaper and better in Ghent our breakfast was an extra 20 euros each! I've paid less in London! The breakfast was nice but it was certainly not worth it. We spent the same amount out on dunno and drinks at Gruut the night before. In short if you want good value and a decent night sleep look elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2013
HetRommelwater, Owner at Het Rommelwater B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Please note this review is for Hotel Astoria in Ghent and not for our B&B. So this review is posted under the wrong business. We asked Tripadvisor to check this review and take if off
our site.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

I stayed in the single room. Very good price, nice furniture and comfort overall OK. The owner lives in the property and is quite nice. As other reviewers had previously said, the wi-fi didn't work well in my room, but she did everything to fix it, and I think it's going to be ultimately fixed quite soon. The place is a 20-minute walk from the centre, so if you have to be there sharp on time for work, you'll have to get the bus at the near stop, or get up early enough and walk. Otherwise, the location is just fine and close enough to Dampoort station, though there aren't any shops or bakeries nearby.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Siebel2011
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I stayed in a single room.
The room is rather simple and antique.
The price was great (38 euro without breakfast). The only thing that was important for me was to Skype with my wife and kids but the internet connection is so lousy that I had to come up with other solutions (although I specifically addressed the free Wifi issue with the owner prior to my arrival).
Overall the place is OK.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
HetRommelwater, Owner at Het Rommelwater B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

As it was the first complaint we immediately checked our wifi with our notebook in every room and everything worked perfect. So we think maybe the problem was due to our guest's notebook.