“Very good”

Ranked #19 of 37 Hotels in Ghent
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
“Very good”
Reviewed 6 July 2012

We stayed here for 1 night at the end of a 3 week driving trip around Europe.

+ Very friendly staff! From the moment we walked in they couldn't have helped more. The hotel is out of the city but the tram is right outside and you can buy tickets from the hotel reception. I was also offered a city map which was a nice touch and given information about catching the tram.
+ Lots of parking (9.50 euro a day which isn't too bad.)
+ Free wifi
+ Spacious and very clean room

- Nothing near by but Ikea (you can always eat here and buy drinks etc)

** We didn't eat in the restaurant or have breakfast so no review of these facilities. From what we experienced this is a lovely hotel geared to conference/business use but more than capable of satisfying the needs of the tourist traveller **

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gent Expo, responded to this review, 9 July 2012
Dear Guest
Many thanks for your kind feedback on our hotel. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were pleased with the services offered by our team. On behalf of the team of Holiday Inn Gent Expo, I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.
Thomas Van Parijs

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Turkish first
Ostend, Belgium
Reviewed 5 July 2012

Stayed in this hotel last night.
Very fast check in.
Room quiet and nice. Good bed. Just what I was looking for.
Attractive breakfast buffet in large Atrium.
Easy acces from main highway.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Morecambe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2012

We stopped here overnight but could have stopped longer great access via tram service nearby to go into Ghent centre and explore this lovely Belgium city and enjoy those fabulous belgium beers! Hotel reception staff were excellent could not have been more helpful, nice rooms and a lovely breakfast area in the Atrium.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gent Expo, responded to this review, 2 July 2012
Dublin
Reviewed 23 June 2012

stayed here with a friend of mine on in late May early June 2012. Upon arrival hotel looked to be situated in the middle of nowhere. The staff at reception were extreamly nice and obliging. My reason for this review is the Hotel in general. The food was dire!!!! I had tagatelli and so called Gratin potatoes and both were over cooked the pasta was like rubber and the potatoes were so over cooked they were dried out. Due to the location of this hotel the are no restaurants around so the following night we ordered room service which arrived freezing cold. It amazes me how a restaurant can send cold food to a room and have the cheek to still charge for it. We put the tray outside and it was still there the folowinng morning after I rang and asked for it to be removed. Our room was located on the top floor and for 2 nights other guests were running up and down the corridor making noise. The hotel optimises on the fact there is no shops near by and have a small shop in the hotel that cherges extortionate prices.
I opened the window in our room one of the evenings and spotted a notice saying "beware of mosquitoes" well it was too late and for the next hour I spent my time running after the little monster and finally smacked it into the headboard. To my dismay it was there for the full duration of our stay.
Do not book this hotel if you are looking for a relaxing break you wont get it

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gent Expo, responded to this review, 26 June 2012
Dear Guest
Many thanks for your feedback on our hotel. We do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay. We can assure you that this was not our standard service level and we sincerely regret what happened. We take your comment very serious and we took already some necessary steps to avoid those inconveniences in the future. I would appreciate you contact me to provide me with more details about your stay. This will help us to increase our service level which is extremely important.
On behalf of the entire team of Holiday Inn Gent Expo, we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.
Thomas Van Parijs

Travellers are raving about these Ghent hotels

Reviewed 31 May 2012

I must say that I had no problems with the service in this hotel. The hotel was clean, pleasant, comfortable and had easy (charged) parking and the staff were always polite. Breakfast was good, but just as I expect at a Holiday Inn. I didn't not eat at the restaurant as there are so many nice restaurants in Gent. It is more of a business hotel, but this did not bother me at all (I was on a birthday trip).
The only thing I must point out (and I did not read the more recent tripadvisor reviews on this hotel) is that if you are on the 1st floor, you must ask for a room facing the outside of the building and not inwards (facing the restaurant). The bar/restaurant is in the middle of the hotel and half of the rooms look over it. The problem is that they have music on from morning to night, not really loud, but loud enough to be bothering when I was trying to sleep. I pointed this out to the staff at the reception but they just said it only happens on the first floor!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
genthotelier, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gent Expo, responded to this review, 4 June 2012
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Everything is nice, but with cleaning seem little difficulties.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
genthotelier, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gent Expo, responded to this review, 1 June 2012
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 5 May 2012

The room we stayed in was nice. The breakfast was GREAT! The hotel is 20mins tram ride away from city centre. There is an IKEA opposite the hotel. We had dinner in city centre. Ghent is so beautiful!! The hotel has its own parking, you need to pay a fee.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
genthotelier, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gent Expo, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
Dear Guest
Many thanks for your kind feedback on our hotel. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were pleased with the services offered by our team. The tram next door the hotel offers you a very easy access into the city centre: no parking trouble any more.