“Great location, fantastic hotel”
Review of Hotel Gravensteen

Hotel Gravensteen
Ranked #16 of 38 Hotels in Ghent
Reviewed 20 June 2013

I am delighted with location at which the hotel is situated. The fortress is on ten steps and the city center is in two minutes walk. The rooms are large and luxurious. Free wifi. The only downside is the expensive breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Snezana U
grave1, General Manager at Hotel Gravensteen, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2013

Dear Snezana,

I wanted to pass on my sincere thanks for taking the time to evaluate our hotel.

I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay in Hotel Gravensteen and was most interested to read your valuable feedback.

In response to your comment regarding the price of our breakfast, we would like to inform you that you can find the best deals on our website; for example the packages including breakfast.
We frequently have special deals: so follow us on facebook for our latest news!

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as this one.

Reviewed 13 June 2013

really enjoyed our break in Ghent, the location of the Gravensteen hotel is really central. We stayed in room 81 from the 6th of June to the 9th and found the hotel clean and comfortable. We had breakfast every day in the hotel and found it really varied. I would recommend the hotel to people thinking of visiting Ghent. The only issue I have is on check out the guy at the reception charged us Belgium tourist tax at 2.5 euro per person per night. I questioned this request and now see in trip advisor reviews that suggest this is an illegal tax? I have now written to Belgium tourist centre for further information and will direct my enquiries to Coop travel the company I booked the break with.

Room Tip: room 81 was clean and spacious
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jo242
grave1, General Manager at Hotel Gravensteen, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2013

Dear Jo242,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Hotel Gravensteen. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback! We really appreciate your comment on our breakfast buffet and I will share your comment with our team.

In response to your comment regarding the city tax we can assure you that the City of Ghent has introduced this city tax since May 1, 2009, and this for all hotels located in Ghent.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we would very much like to welcome you again in our hotel in the near future!

Reviewed 13 June 2013

We stayed three nights and really enjoyed the hotel. Our room was on the fourth floor and overlooked the castle. Nice, clean and roomy. Friendly and attentive staff. Breakfast was included and there was a good choice and everything was fresh. We will definitely go back.

Room Tip: Room 435 is very spacious.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank wendy h

Dear Wendy H.

I wanted to pass on my sincere thanks for taking the time to leave us your feedback.

I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and was most interested to read your valuable feedback.. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback!

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we very much look forward to welcoming you to Hotel Gravensteen again.

Reviewed 10 June 2013

We selected this hotel on the basis of its great location in the centre of Ghent. The small but stately bedroom was comfortable and our only gripe was that the bathroom walls stopped well short of the ceiling! The hotel was peaceful and staff friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: The hotel has rooms in 2 separate buildings; the rear building is closer to the breakfast room.
1  Thank Terry G

Dear Terry G.

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Hotel Gravensteen. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.
I appreciate your comment in refer to the bathroom ceiling and we'll have a look into this matter.

Reviewed 5 June 2013

The Gravensteen is an ideal base for exploring Gent. Centraly located, comfortable and easy to find a parking space for the bike. The room we had was spacious and comfortable. The staff were polite and helpful. Breakfast, although a bit expensive, was filling and a good selection was on offer. We thought we had made a good choice with this hotel and I feel sure you will agree after your stay. Well worth a visit.

Room Tip: Room 62 is quiet and comfortable.
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Jay,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your nice feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. We very much look forward to welcoming you to Hotel Gravensteen in the near future to allow you to experience our commitment to quality and service.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

We arranged a weekend away via AA Getaways and we found the Gravensteen Hotel to be very central to the town of Ghent. The hotel was very clean, modern in its decoration and the continental breakfast was excellent. All rooms had a TV however being english we did miss not having tea and coffee making facilities in our rooms although there was a mini bar. We arrived at the hotel and were met by a very friendly lady on reception who gave us all the information we needed with reference to visiting Gent along with advice to book a restaurant on the Friday and Saturday evening because it would be very busy and difficult to get a table. Having had a problem with our safe a gentleman came to our room immediatley and sorted it out for us. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends, it is so central to the city, everything is in walking distance with many good restaurants near by.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
grave1, Manager at Hotel Gravensteen, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2013

Thank you for your nice comment! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to welcome you again. TIP! In July the Ghent (Folklore) Festival takes place; 10 days long.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

I stayed at the Gravensteen hotel for two nights whilst visiting Ghent. I would thoroughly recommend this hotel for its location, rooms and buffet breakfast. The room was very spacious and comfortable with a good size bathroom. My only complaint and I am being really petty is that I would have liked more towels and tea, milk coffee etc. On that note I would like to say that the breakfast was an excellent continental buffet breakfast with a good choice on offer.

Room Tip: Room 62 was very quiet and spacious .
1  Thank KathyKent