“Avoid this place !!”

B&B Azur Beauty & Wellness
Ranked #36 of 38 Hotels in Ghent
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

No hot water ..no toilet roll !!! Terrible 160.00 pound for one night??? This is not how the place is shown on internet !! No one to contact if you need anything ..we stayed New year eve got charged 160.00 pound for one night ?? This is a hostel not a b&b ...its filthy also ...at no terms use this a total rip off and needs closing down

• Stayed: January 2014
3  Thank Nickilaw

Reviewed 7 July 2013

It’s far enough from the hotel to both Ghent train stations - St. Pieters and Damport . However, it is located almost in the center of the city. To the main tourist attractions - the quays with houses merchant guilds’ mansions, impressive Belfry, Cathedral of Sint Bavo, church Sint-Nicholas, Sint-Michaelis, counts of Flanders castle, old Post building and others there is no more than half a kilometer.
We were given a studio in their second dwelling house. Room are spacious, well appointed. The fact that they have just finished it, irrelevant. The bathroom is almost open, separated from the room by a wall with a passage without a door. It is not very usual.
The only noticeable drawback - the receptionist finishes his work too early. We have written to the hotel about our late arrival through booking.com and they’ve promised to take us after usual 19-00. Nevertheless, we had to spend 40 minutes calling to somebody from its staff and waiting for a manager

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 May 2013

Pros: Central location
Cons: This is not a hotel! There are 3 apartments for rent above the beauty salon which is loacted on the ground floor. The rooms are quite tired, some renovations is required. It is also very noisy during the night since the windows are facing the high street with the trams. Definitely some ear plugs will be needed. * Lack of soap * Leak in bathroom ceiling * Clog in the bathroom * Toilet is one flight of stairs away from the 1st room (!)

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Avarty
Reviewed 8 May 2013

I visited this place for three days during an official tour and my experience was awesome. I liked everything from good shower to comfy bed to lovely breakfast. Rooms were big, spacious and nicely appointed with all the luxurious things. Food was amazing and every meal had a great variety. Staff was very helping and attentive all the times. I would recommend this to anybody

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 April 2013

There was a booking problem with one of the main 'Booking' websites and my reservation was not allocated to my account. When I came to check details there was nothing showing on my account so I figured I had messed it up. I subsequently booked the Gent Ibis Opera instead.

This was mostly my fault I'll admit - though learn from my mistake and make sure you are logged in to your account when you book. I tried to explain the situation but received threats of court action over non-payment. Amazing since I had secured the rooms by CC. While I was happy to pay for the 'no show' costs for the first night, the B&B Azur proceeded to take a second night (against cancellation policy) as well. They then refused to refund the additional night offering a 'discount'. So in summary, aggressive, threatening and ultimately dishonest.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank JamesP37
Reviewed 25 January 2013

We booked our room on Booking.com for 37 Euro. We were contacted via email the night before to say there had been an error witht the booking and the price was wrong, the new price was now 59 Euro, but stil without breakfast. The excuse we were given was that Booking.com made the error.... please do not lie to people. I happen to work in a Hotel that uses Booking.com and I am well aware that the user has to determine the price themselves and that Booking.com has nothing to do with setting the rate. We were told we could cancel for free if we wanted to, however, it was too late and we could not find any affordable acommodation. We contacted Booking.com directly to see if they could resolve the problem for us. They telephoned the Hotel and managed to get them to change the price to 50 Euro. We agreed.... but maybe we should have just stayed elsewhere. The room itself was fairly clean and the bed was comfortable but there was a tanning bed in our bathroom... I was confused as to what would happen if someone wanted to hire it? Also, the toilet was upstairs and I have seen bigger facilities on an aircraft. There was no soap or shower gel either. When we arrived we were asked if we wanted to hire the sauna for the evening at the cost of 60 Euro!!! In England that would be 3 months membership! Maybe this is why we never saw any customers in the salon. We were also asked if we wanted breakfast at 15 Euro each but I did wonder where/how it was served as we did not see a breakfast room and also noticed cutlery, plates and a toaster in the bedroom. This whole building was very strange to me. It was more like staying in a strangers spare bedroom rather than a Hotel or Bed & Breakfast. Oh and also, the TV is still broken.

However, the location is brilliant and surely they could make more money operating properly as B&B rather than a beauty salon? But as it is, we will not return.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank HoneyMuffinPickles
Reviewed 8 October 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here from Friday for two nights and we were quite surprised!. We arrived about 9pm and a guy was waiting for us downstairs to check us in. There is a spa downstairs which is strange but I didn't expect your usual Travelodge or premier inn! The guy left as soon as he checked us in. The place wasn't manned all weekend which was fine for us. Aftee reading the reviews I was not looking forward to.azur but our room was lovely. Clean sheets comfy bed and nicely decorated! There was a sunbed in our bathroom which was strange but again we didn't mind! The toilet wasn't in the room which was the only bad part as you had to go upstairs bt we didntspend. much time in the room! We only wanted a clean bed and room which is what we got! Great location too. This is a different little place...if.you are expecting Hilton u will be disappointed but we would stay again if in gent!!

• Stayed: October 2012