Best Western Residence Cour Saint Georges
US$114
US$97
US$94
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsgreat locationlots of hot waterclean hotelprivate parkingcontinental breakfastcomfortable roomstop floormaintenancekettleeuro
Reviewed 13 June 2014

This hotel is in a great location for touring the city of Gent. Prices were reasonable for this city, which seemed to have rather costly hotel options. Though, it is rather dated and there are some maintenance issues, e.g. the bathroom door handle fell off and the door to the tiny patio did not seem secure. Parking is in the public lot several blocks away. The staff was extremely helpful, particularly Thomas. Breakfast was quite good. We can definitely recommend this hotel.

1  Thank trekkers1983
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Stayed 2 nights and found everything to our satisfaction.Staff polite and helpful large comfortable room with tea and coffee and a good breakfast.The centre of Ghent is only afew strides away.

Though relatively quiet so close to centre our Sat. night was extremely noisy like many a city.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

We booked this hotel because of its location which was excellent. However, the hotel itself was one of the worst I've stayed at. Our bathroom door handle fell off, I found hairs on one of the pillows, and the "terrace" (which was just a glorified smoke pit) door would not open. We were woken up at 3am by someone having a screaming match in the lobby. We did not feel safe after this episode and it added to this hotel being a disappointment. Although Ghent is gorgeous, this hotel had a lot that needed to be fixed and I would definitely not recommend it.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

I have stayed at the Hotel Cour St. Georges many times over the past 15 years. For me, it represents a very good value. Located on a quiet street, there is no distracting noise. The hotel is literally steps away from nice restaurants the key historical sights of Belgium.

The Hotel Cour St. Georges is a small hotel. What I really like about it is the variety of rooms. I travel for business quite a bit and the standard box rooms of the big chain hotels gets tedious very quick. The rooms at the Hotel Cour St. Georges run from small to spacious. If you like more space, be sure to call them and let them know this when you make your reservation. I particularly like the family rooms as there is more than ample space and the price is generally only modestly more than a normal room. The neighborhood, like the vast majority of Gent, is quite safe at any time of the day or night.

As I only visit Gent once or twice a year, I rely on the staff of the hotel for restaurant recommendations. They are quite knowledgeable and have yet to steer me wrong.

Room Tip: If you want a more spacious room, request one of the family rooms. A bit more expensive than a standard room, but well worth it.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

We are visiting Ghent for valentines day weekend. Ghent itself is beautiful and our hotel perfectly located. Unfortunately this hotel has been disappointing. On arrival, check in was not until 3pm, we had requested via email an earlier check in as we arrived around 1pm but were told they could not accommodate this which is acceptable and I understand if the hotel is fully booked this would be difficult. Upon our return, we were given a room which had two single beds rather than the double bed confirmed to us by email from the hotel. When we asked about this we were told at first that they were fully booked and they could not move us, then later that day they said that they would have moved us but were not allowed to move our things. When I asked the older lady at reception why have we been given a room with two single beds when we had specifically requested a double she just shrugged "nothing we can do". I would like to say here that other than the issues with the room the staff have been very helpful and polite.
The room itself is very shabby and outdated. The curtains are ripped down the centre, the paint is peeling of walls and doors and it has an all round dark musty and grubby feel to it. The worst part is that it is difficult to sleep here as they have problems with the heating system which continuously makes loud bangs and noises throughout the night. The bathroom is very poor, the water system is loud and there is a constant smell of poor drainage.
I travel a lot and do not like writing poor reviews but I feel this place needs a definite revamp and I would definitely dissuade others from staying here, as it could ruin an otherwise amazing trip here in ghent.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple