“Place to be avoided”
Review of Koffie 3,14 Thee

Koffie 3,14 Thee
Ranked #13 of 13 Coffee & Tea in Ghent
Description: Freshly made Waffles sold across a roadside window. Otherwise regular sit in cafe ,opposite Eurobank buiding in the Grontemarkt square
Brussels, Belgium
“Place to be avoided”
Reviewed 20 June 2013

If you are looking for a coffee shop/waffles place where the waiter that is the rudest person that you most probably meet in your life, this is the place to go.

It's dissatisfaction 100% guaranteed.

Note that this is not a standard service in Gent. There are plenty of nice places to go and eat.

Visited June 2013
7 Thank rdrib

Brussels, Belgium
“Without a doubt the worst customer service I have ever experienced”
Reviewed 20 June 2013

I have never written a review before but have been motivated to do so after the dreadful service i recieved here. The staff member ignored us for five minutes, then once he took our order put his hand out the front window even though were were standing inside due to rain. I said politely ' I am over here' he didn't even look at me and said for take away it is outside, I moved to get it, now soaked with rain, (even though he should have just handed me the thing), he then proceeded to insult me under his breath, in English , to be sure I would understand. Then he started shouting at me, totally unprovoked and was very rude.

I asked for a refund, which was impossible since he said it had already been made, I tried to speak to the other person who worked there and he said 'I doubt my colleague was rude to you' and gave me a refund for the coffee I was still waiting for.

This was a terrible experience, I was left upset and shaken. We had so many nice experiences in Gent, but this really ruined our day.

These people should not be working in the service industry.

• Visited June 2013
10 Thank Katie M
London
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 1 March 2013

Great service, lovely waffles,very nice interior design, perfect place to warm up on a cold February morning!

Visited February 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Get your waffles here!”
Reviewed 6 February 2013

I had the best waffles from here, I didn't go into the cafe. Just got my waffle -natural style from the counter out the front. Both times I was satisfied!

• Visited January 2013
Panjim, India
“Hot fresh waffles- a memory to cherish”
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Walking through the cobbled lanes of Ghent , we were suddenly attracted by the sweet aroma of fresh waffles and chocolate. Tracking the aroma, we discovered this cafe at the junction of Groentemarkt, opposite Eurobank building. The chef in red cap expertly makes the waffles right infront of you and also readily posed for a photograph with us.

The fresh waffles are wonderful in taste and texture, which made us come again the next day too, We tried one with chocolate as well as with cream toppings and both were delicious. Pay more if you want to sit inside the cafe and eat. Otherwise the waffle to go is only a euro, very reasonable, The frenzied expert activity of the chef making and serving the waffles across the window of the cafe is very interesting and worth watching. If you are in Ghent , dont miss these waffles. It is an experience.

• Visited April 2012