“Nice place”
Review of Koffie 3,14 Thee

Koffie 3,14 Thee
Ranked #23 of 24 Dessert in Ghent
Description: Freshly made Waffles sold across a roadside window. Otherwise regular sit in cafe ,opposite Eurobank buiding in the Grontemarkt square
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Nice place to have a coffee in the historical centre at the Groentemarkt. Good coffee, nice setting and good service. Be sure to have a look at the bakery (Himschoot) next door!

Reviewed 3 July 2013

Waffle was pretty OK, like in thousands of other places in Belgium.
But the service was just the worst we've ever had. After our lunch, my wife and I came here and asked for a single waffle. We also asked for an extra fork, since were with our 20-month old baby... just to help her with the food. The waiter replied: "one waffle one fork" in a very rude way. After finishing our waffle we told her we would have never recommended this place and she replied: "now I have to clean your [--]!".. this is because our little one had let a napkin fell down on the floor.
The candy man at the entrance said it is normal in Belgium to get one fork for one single order but to be honest we never had problem like this during our stay in the country. Please go somewhere else!!

6  Thank Fionnbhar
Reviewed 20 June 2013

If you are looking for a coffee shop/waffles place where the waiter that is the rudest person that you most probably meet in your life, this is the place to go.

It's dissatisfaction 100% guaranteed.

Note that this is not a standard service in Gent. There are plenty of nice places to go and eat.

7  Thank rdrib
Reviewed 20 June 2013

I have never written a review before but have been motivated to do so after the dreadful service i recieved here. The staff member ignored us for five minutes, then once he took our order put his hand out the front window even though were were standing inside due to rain. I said politely ' I am over here' he didn't even look at me and said for take away it is outside, I moved to get it, now soaked with rain, (even though he should have just handed me the thing), he then proceeded to insult me under his breath, in English , to be sure I would understand. Then he started shouting at me, totally unprovoked and was very rude.

I asked for a refund, which was impossible since he said it had already been made, I tried to speak to the other person who worked there and he said 'I doubt my colleague was rude to you' and gave me a refund for the coffee I was still waiting for.

This was a terrible experience, I was left upset and shaken. We had so many nice experiences in Gent, but this really ruined our day.

These people should not be working in the service industry.

10  Thank Katie M
Reviewed 1 March 2013

Great service, lovely waffles,very nice interior design, perfect place to warm up on a cold February morning!