“THE WORST PLACE IN THE WORD”
Review of Koffie 3,14 Thee

Koffie 3,14 Thee
Ranked #24 of 25 Dessert in Ghent
Description: Freshly made Waffles sold across a roadside window. Otherwise regular sit in cafe ,opposite Eurobank buiding in the Grontemarkt square
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Pésima atención, maleducados. VERY EXPENSIVE. Los groffres malos y caros.

THE WORST: COKE SERVED FROM 2L BOTTLES WITHOUT BUBBLES. IT WASN´T AN SPARKLE DRINK. WHEN DID THEY OPEN THAT BOTTLE? TWO YEARS AGO. I had to pay 2,40€ for a coke got from a 2 l bottle. I have visited many countries and never saw something like this.

HORRIBLE!!!

3  Thank Cesar S

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We were in beautifull Gent :-) and ordered a waffle outside. My girlfriend went inside to go to the toilet. When she came back they wanted money for the toilet (but we ordered something, so what's up with that?) I gave them the cash and said it was very dissapointing. The waffle we ate was also small (sticked to the plate) with only 2 small strawberries chopped in it and way too expensive for what we got. We walked a bit further; and people had a much larger waffle for less!

Bottom line: don't go there; they unfortunataly do not now what customer service means!

5  Thank Erwin K
Reviewed 29 December 2013

After wandering around for hours, we decided to rest and refresh. This place looked inviting from the outside and waffle baker talked a good game. We went in and were asked to sit at the back - a table for two. The contemporary and spare decor is not warm or inviting.

Our server took our drink orders and returned quickly. My cappuccino was very good. The following waffles not so good, chewy and not that tasty. The waffles are more expensive inside than at the outside window.

We received our bill and went to pay at the counter. The staff does not take your money - it goes directly into a machine. First time I saw this in a cafe. For the price, I would suggest looking elsewhere.

1  Thank Railhistoryfan
Reviewed 11 December 2013

This is probably the best place in Ghent to have a break with an excellent coffee.
Situated right in the middle of the historic town centre in a historic building, the 3,14 Coffeeshop offers you a range of coffees especially made by the lovely barista behind the counter: coffees ranging from artfully made up cappuccinos, espressos, ristrettos, caffè lattes, lungos, American and more. My wife who is not so into coffee herself, chooses from a wide selection of teas. The freshly crisp waffles which are baked on site are simply too difficult to resist. (take-away at the window counter as well) The moment you enter the modern minimalistic interior, the friendly staff makes you feel at home immediately and accompanies you to a cosy place, either on the ground floor or on the first floor where the view on one of the oldest squares of the town is superb. The waiter and the service is efficient, quick and stylish.
I have been to a lot of famous coffeehouses in and outside of Europe during my life, but this is the one I will be always returning to!

1  Thank Marc M
Reviewed 10 December 2013

During our stay in Ghent past weekend, while walking in the center of the city, we get attracted by the sweet smell of the wafels coming from an old building.
After a quick look at the trendy and modern designed interior we decided to get in. Even if it was very busy at the moment the staff of this coffeeshop was very welcoming and we got a table on the first floor right the way.
There's a large choice of coffee on the menu. My wife ordered a cappuccino and I a double espresso, both excellent! On the side we had one of the best cheese cake and chocolate pie we ever had. The kids got two wafels, one with fresh fruits, the other with Nutella, both freshly baked.
Excellents coffees, fresh and tasty food, fast and friendly service, I strongly recommend this place!