“Reasonable cooking with some service issues”
Review of Lucy Chang

Lucy Chang
Ranked #710 of 911 Restaurants in Ghent
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 22 August 2013

This chain restaurant has a quite nice decoration. Me and my wife popped in for a quick dinner. When checking in on Foursquare we saw that we would be offered a free cocktail. We ordered a Mojito and a beer for me. For food we had beef curry and fried rice. The food arrived for the drinks so we canceled the cocktail. It was very difficult communicating with our servant as she did not speak Dutch, but not that much English neither. When asking which beer she could recommend, Singha or Chang, she answered 'beer is nice'. The meal tasted ok. But again a plate missing to eat the curry. We took a dessert, chocolat mousse. We could have done without because it wasn't fresh at all. I think it was allready some time in a cooler without some foil on it as it was 'dried out', the taste was ok. Unexcusable even for a chain restaurant.
Back home I noticed that they did not charge the wine my wife had. By accident or as an compensation for not being able to offer the Foursquare freebie. We'll never know. In the end kitchen ok on taste with sympathetic but not top professional staff.

Reviewed 30 May 2013

We wanted to try this place cause it looks kinda pretty and I had never heard of Lucy Chang. I wish I still never heard of it! Horrible food and way overpriced! If you want this kind of fastfood then you are better of at Wok Away or buy some french fries or a kebab in the many cheaper foodstalls that Gent has to offer. This is just a money making machine that is covered with a restaurant decor. The food is way overpriced for the amount you get and since it also tastes a awful you're just getting ripped of! My girlfriend her Malaysian curry was waaaay too sweet while my dish had rubber squid and was almost not eatable salty...

We didn't complain as opposed to other people on a table next to us, but I'm sure that I will never return here again! If you want Asian food check out the little places tucked away in little alleys and don't go for these fancy looking branded chain restaurants, EVER! :D

1  Thank Riennn
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Popped into this place one night after a conference. Food was fresh tasting and great value. Staff were friendly, polite and service was excellent. Great place to stop for an informal Asian meal.

Reviewed 11 May 2013

Lovely place for a good value lunch! Staff were welcoming, polite and helpful. All dishes were excellent! They have a great value lunchtime special.

Pefect stop for lunch when exploring Ghent.

1  Thank Misschic
Reviewed 16 January 2013

I have to admit I expected more. It was quite crowed when I visited. And hadn't lots of time. We had to wait for 10 minutes until we received the menu. Food was ok. When we wanted to pay, again waiting for 10 minutes. Maybe it depends on the place where you are seated. Don't sit in the left corner in the back ;-)

1  Thank Cedric M