“Good food”

Cuisines: Belgian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Located opposite the opera, therefore can get very busy. We managed to get a table for four without a reservation, but noticed people being turned away later. The food was very good and the service very polite and helpful. Organisation seemed to be lacking and the attentive service dropped off due to the numbers. Quieter later, but it still took ages to get the bill. Worth a visit.

1  Thank SteveLlanelli

Reviewed 17 September 2013

On a recent trip to Ghent, I stumbled across Cafe Des Arts. The menu looked great and I thought the prices were reasonable. I fancied a steak and they had a decent range of choices. I ordered and the waiter asked me how I'd like it cooked and then took the time to explain that as It was a french chef and they grade it a little differently he was off. The huge steak came out perfectly cooked, with ample sauces and a mountain of fries. Well worth the money. The other dishes were coming from the kitchen looked great too. Massive salads and casseroles. The staff were attentive throughout and the atmosphere was great. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone travelling to Ghent.

1  Thank DallasR1980
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Just across the street from the Flemish Opera, this place was jammed before a performance. Not having opera tickets and thus not under the gun time-wise, we left and explored some of the nearby squares and streets. When we returned, all was calm. The wait-staff were charming and made helpful suggestions. My salmon was cooked as I like it, "al dente," moist and silky. Desserts were a treat, a lovely culmination to this dining experience in Ghent.

Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

Interesting selection of beers, delicious salads, waiter looked lika a young Tom Hanks. Very friendly and distinct place. Recommend.

Reviewed 9 May 2013

This is a comfortable restaurant with the main dining area downstairs and an upstairs area for groups.

There was no English menu but a very helpful waitress helped us through the various choices and even suggested which beers to accompany the meal. We chose the grilled goats cheese salad which both looked and tasted delicious - the cheese had been spread with honey before grilling and the salad included strips of warm bacon as well as slices of apple and mixed green leaves.

We both finished our meal with an espresso and each was served on a small tray with a little chocolate, a nice touch.

There is a good assortment of beers and pleasant wines.

You may wish to book if planning to eat there at the weekend as this place can get busy.