“Relaxing and welcoming”

Ranked #6 of 116 Ghent B&B and Inns
London
“Relaxing and welcoming”
Reviewed 2 September 2014

Just returned from a wonderful stay at room10. The owner is very friendly and nothing is too much trouble. The B&B is beautifully decorated and spotlessly clean. Breakfast daily was a delight, with local produce. We look forward to returning.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
San Diego, California
Reviewed 2 September 2014

I have spent over 8 of the last 18 months traveling in Europe. I have stayed in a LOT of different places and Door 10 is one of all my all time favorites. Its way more than a just a place to stay...its a place to go to feel good. One of the big reasons is Meike who really really cares about her guests and is such a genuine and nice person.

The B&B is in a 300+ year old house that is really charming and renovated in a way that is very comfortable, but has a ton of old world charm. The neighborhood is really quiet and very pleasant. Definitely within walking distance of downtown, but has a much nicer feel than being downtown.

I stayed in the suite on the top floor. Stunning!! The stairs were steep getting up there, but well worth it...it didn't bother me one bit. Bed was really comfortable, bathtub was so cool, and I was very very happy there.

Breakfast is amazing!!! Everything is of the highest quality imaginable from the best omelette in the world to fresh OJ to fresh breads, cheese selection, fruit and more. And its in a beautiful setting!!

Meike went out of her way to make the stay really pleasant and enjoyable. She is so helpful and its very obvious that she does it all from the bottom of her heart.

I can't wait to return next year. I will stay here again for sure!!

Room Tip: The room at the top level is probably the absolute best.
  • Stayed September 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank mark g
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed 15 July 2014

The location of the annex where we stayed is really nice in a small house in the Béguinage of Ghent. The room is very nicely decorated and has a lot of charm. Big living room with a kitchen and coffee machine. Located in a small garden with a stunning view on the buildings of the city. The host is very welcoming and she gives a lot of tips and suggestions on what to do in Ghent. The breakfast taken in the common room is of great quality.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Kailua Kona
Reviewed 13 June 2014

What a wonderful experience. From the moment we arrived the level of care was outstanding. This is a one woman show with exceptional care for each and every guest. There are only 4 rooms and each is decorated with attention to detail and each one offer something different.. Fresh flowers, expresso machines, candies and cookies on the tables. The beds and linens were a joy to come "home" to after a long day of sightseeing. Great shower in our room. Quiet and close to town center and good transportation to the rail station. We felt that it is a good value for the dollar. The breakfasts were different everyday and delivered personally by the owner. No reservations of stay here again.

Room Tip: The two ensuite rooms upstairs were wonderful.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Monaco-Ville, Monaco
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I did stay there once only i do not intend to return,despite beautiful setting,quiet location,marvelous bedroom and very hospitable proprietor.
On arrival I have been given very comprehensive run down on best restaurants,city attractions and directions.This was exceptionally good and proved to be very useful (results:see my reviews of Ghent restaurants).Next day morning the breakfast was fantastic,very well served on old china and cooked to perfection.Wonderful.
I have booked my stay for 4 nights,but,due to the business nature of my trip,I had to cancel one night,but I have been told,that the bill will be for duration booked.Fine.
On the departure day morning I have been told,that cards are not accepted for whatever reason.It was a bit of surprise,as it is quite common to use cashless mode of setting of account in Europe,bar less civilised places.No problem,I had cash on me and paid.Then I've been told,that the bill can not be prepared and handed over,because office is couple hundreds meters away(sha was advised,that I'm leaving on this day morning in advance and there was ample time to prepare the bill).Reluctantly I have accepted,that the invoice will be scanned and mailed to my mali address the same day.After a week waiting in vain for my invoice,I have notified My Booking about problem,they contacted hotel and said,that the mail has been sent the same day,but they will send it again.Nothing happened.Fortunately,I had an opportunity to travel to Ghent day after and visited the proprietor.He has shown me the invoice,with the amount much lower,than what I paid,then printed another one,with amount 10 Euro lower,because (as she had stated) this was the amount I have paid,accusing methat I have cheated her of this amonut.Finally,I've got my invoice as paid and left.Was this stay worth the hassle?

Room Tip: Take a 2nd floor large bedroom with a bathtube in the middle of it!But do not try to take a shower,u...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Boguslaw W
Taichung, Taiwan
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Located within one of the two authentic beguinages of Ghent (therefore within a UNESCO World Heritage site), this terrific little guesthouse is thoroughly recommended.

Upon arrival, the wonderful proprietor, Mieke, gave us a run-down on where to go and what to eat whilst in Ghent. Naturally warm and exuding charm, she was a wonderful host over the four nights my girlfriend and I stayed there. It is a very relaxed, homely feel within the house and has nice little decor touches all around. Breakfasts were very good quality and Mieke would notice what types of bread and hot drinks we were enjoying the most and then personally shop in the day.

The room we stayed in was located on the first floor and was very comfortable and the adjacent bathroom with free-standing tub was very relaxing.

The thing that is most noticeable is just how quiet it is at night. No cars, no people walking past.

Door10 is 5-10 minutes walk from Gravensteen, Graslei and Korenmarkt and a one minute walk to a tramline and bus station that can take you into the old city or to the train station.

The guesthouse has a very good website with all the details. If you do decide to stay here, and from my experience I seriously suggest you do, it is cheaper for you to book directly.

Overall a lovely little guesthouse of very good value, in a quality location both logistically and aesthetically, wonderful host and tasty breakfasts.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Kasterlee, Belgium
Reviewed 7 April 2014

If you want to get to know Ghent in a relaxed kind of way ... then choose this B&B.

The welcoming is very friendly and Mieke can tell you all you want to know about Ghent!
The room was clean and had everything you expected (and more) from a B&B: Cable TV, Radio (with iPhone dock), small refrigerator, comfortable sofa and a very comfortable bed. Also the bathroom was excellent with a lot of space and a grand "old style" bathtub.
Everyday, the breakfast was freshly made with a smile and it tasted as it should be: fantastic!

If you want a good nights sleep in a busy city like gent, look no further ... this B&B offer everything. It's located in a old "Begijnhof" and the view out of the rooms excellent, all those little houses and roofs, just lovely!

The city center is on walking distance from this B&B and if you want to use public transport, just go to the next street and you'll find a bus stop or tram stop.

I've used the word already a few times in this post, but I have to say, the stay in this B&B was just excellent !!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business