“Don't bother visiting...”

Cuisines: Belgian
Oslo, Norway
“Don't bother visiting...”
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Extremely rude and unprofessional service, may give you wrong impression about the country. No wonder this place is number 390 on the list!

1 Thank Marta B

Gent, Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
“Just for drinks”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

This is a cafe, so I would say to only go here for a drink. It's one of my favorite cafes in Ghent, because of the friendly staff and cosy setting. You have to go into a small cellar, and enter a small and intimate place. It's also nice to sit at the bar, since you have a view on the Schelde. More in the back, you'll find the comfortable seats (and mostly me whenever I vist the place)! Also, they followed the Gin Tonic trend and serve some really good gins!

• Visited June 2014
Lincoln
“Fine if you just want to stop for a drink”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

The view from the table across the river is beautiful.
The service was OK. We ordered a drink and a waffle. The waffle was nothing special probably just out of a pack but the drink was fine.
The ladies toilet was very dim and smelly.
If you just want to rest your legs and have a drink it is fine but wouldn't recommend anything more.

• Visited August 2013
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“If you must have a bite”
Reviewed 2 July 2013

This was the third stop of two chosen lunch locations we decided to eat here because, well, it was open. The location allows for ideal outdoor seating at the waterfront but there was one waitress for the majority of our time there but we noticed a second arrive before we left. Our experience started with a waitress handing us a couple menus and irritated that we did not immediately know the menu and choose selections. Needing a moment to review and translate to English the menu, we placed drink orders. My drink arrived and tasted like candle wax! I told the waitress that I did not like the drink and to please just exchange it for a beer. I was shocked by her response "...sorry you must pay". I assured her that I would not and she then offered to discuss it with her 'boss'. She arrived a short time later apologizing and explaining that her boss said that she made the drink improperly and remade it. I tasted the drink and it was perfectly prepared. We then ordered soup and some quick finger foods that were tolerable and served merely as sustenance and made our exit. Was not and would not be in my top 10 lunch stops, but if you must eat.....

Visited July 2013